• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashed wrong Bios

Spike87

Hello,
I hope you have an idea for me. A while ago I installed an MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER VENTUS 2X OC from a friend in my computer to carry out the BIOS update. The flash file was still in my download folder. I actually wanted to update my graphics drivers with the Nvidia Clean Installer tool, but accidentally clicked on the MSI flash file. The program apparently overwrote my ASUS BIOS on my ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16GB GDDR6X without asking. At first I only noticed that my second monitor was no longer working and I had to plug it into a different slot on the graphics card. Now I can see in HWinfo that I now have the BIOS of the MSI card on my Asus :(

How do I get back to the original BIOS now?

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
Since you can still use the card, maybe try flashing the Asus bios on top, I am guessing you made no backup of it, so will need to find it on Asus website.

Seems stupid there was no protection on the bios installer to verify its the right card.