• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing 7900XTX Aqua bios into Nitro+ [success]

kidi

Hello everyone!
Can someone, who successfully flashed their 7900XTX Nitro+ card into Aqua bios post a link for an exact bios dump they are using?

i've tried like 4-6 random dumps and had all sort of problems: purple screens, black screens, stuck at post with B2, gpu skipped during POST, etc etc.
for now i have a different (silent) spi flash soldered on with yet another dump and i can't update using asrock update tool because it won't post with it.
(also, i don't understand how people can manage their bioses with this ch341 clip because when you power it on, you basically bring up an entire 1.8v lane and it gets to all kinds of weird stuff: every time i press 'detect' in neo programmer its detected as a different flash type or doesn't get detected at all and with each read dump gets random garbage all the time)

maybe there is a way to update but i can't get a picture on my gt710, it always trying to get an image on 7900xtx, despite no monitors are connected to it

You want to flash the standard aqua bios, if you are trying to flash the extreme aqua bios it will not work. Also, are you trying to flash the bios with the card powered up? You just write to the chip with it powered off completely.

kidi

Solved by my own.
With this bios, card did not wanted to give any image, but still detected by my system because it stucked at B2 and eventually skipped & booted into windows, so i put a gt 710 into a x1 riser, removed AMD driver with DDU (lan cable was disconnected to make sure that windows will not update the driver), booted back, installed gt710 driver.
then i switched to 'silent' (broken) bios, booted, gt710 gave a picture and now i ran asrock's update tool, which confirmed and flashed 'quiet' bios to their own version. shut down the system, removed gt710, put everything back, reinstalled the driver - installed and started.

If someone else has an integrated gpu - it would be much easier than it was for me.

kidi

You want to flash the standard aqua bios, if you are trying to flash the extreme aqua bios it will not work. Also, are you trying to flash the bios with the card powered up? You just write to the chip with it powered off completely.
hell no i don't.
but when sticking with a clip, you don't just power the SPI flash, you power an entire card's 1.8v lane with your clip because your SPI is still connected to the card.
i removed it from the board completely and put a fresh new, already programmed chip.
then it worked out eventually, had to tinker a bit (solution is in previous post).

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Hello everyone!
Can someone, who successfully flashed their 7900XTX Nitro+ card into Aqua bios post a link for an exact bios dump they are using?

i've tried like 4-6 random dumps and had all sort of problems: purple screens, black screens, stuck at post with B2, gpu skipped during POST, etc etc.
for now i have a different (silent) spi flash soldered on with yet another dump and i can't update using asrock update tool because it won't post with it.
(also, i don't understand how people can manage their bioses with this ch341 clip because when you power it on, you basically bring up an entire 1.8v lane and it gets to all kinds of weird stuff: every time i press 'detect' in neo programmer its detected as a different flash type or doesn't get detected at all and with each read dump gets random garbage all the time)

maybe there is a way to update but i can't get a picture on my gt710, it always trying to get an image on 7900xtx, despite no monitors are connected to it
I believe the pcbs are totally different and you would need the aqua bios values placed into the nitro+ bios, basically adjust nitro values to match aqua values. It's not like the old days where you could use a his bios on a msi card etc.

There is a reason Device ID, Subsystem ID Exists. Example 1002 67DF-1DA2 E353 is typically AMD RX580-Sapphire Nitro

Or use toxic values

Were you able to restore the card back to normal operation?

Last edited:

kidi

I believe the pcbs are totally different and you would need the aqua bios values placed into the nitro+ bios, basically adjust nitro values to match aqua values. It's not like the old days where you could use a his bios on a msi card etc.

Or use toxic values

Were you able to restore the card back to normal operation?
its insane with those delayed messages, feeling like i'm talking to myself

kidi

Silent bios = aqua bios
Performance bios = stock nitro+ OC bios.
everything just works.
thanks everyone!