• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fractal Design Releases Define 7 Compact White Case

Fractal Design have recently announced an updated white version of their Define 7 Compact case. The Define 7 Compact White case features the same open layout found throughout the Define 7 family while keeping a small footprint. The case features a brushed aluminium design with interchangeable side panels and high-density sound damping. The chassis includes two top covers allowing you to switch between solid steel for full noise suppression or a ventilated cover for extra cooling.

The Define 7 Compact White case features a fully removable top panel for easy access to components, ventilated PSU shroud, and extensive I/O including five front USB. The case can support a variety of cooling configurations and comes with x2 Dynamic X2 fans included. The Define 7 Compact White is now available in two versions without and without a side tempered glass panel.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
sooooo b.O.r.I.n.G......plz wake me up when they make something exciting :laugh:

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
It's hardly compact, it's 100% regular-sized - but at least it's not XXL like most cases are becoming (because clearly everyone needs simultaneous support for 4 graphics cards AND two vertical GPU slots AND four radiators).

Fractal also get bonus credibility for still offering solid side panels. It's really frickin' hard to buy non-RGB stuff these days but at least I can just cover it all up and don't have to install three different godawful system tray utilities to manage the RGBLED vomit and set it all to "off"....

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Ohh handsome. No glass version too, yay!

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
It's hardly compact, it's 100% regular-sized - but at least it's not XXL like most cases are becoming (because clearly everyone needs simultaneous support for 4 graphics cards AND two vertical GPU slots AND four radiators).
I'm thinking compact was just the moniker they used to denote that it's smaller than the regular Define 7. It's still larger than the standard Meshify C which I have sitting on my desk and consider pretty compact for a mid-tower.

Define 7: 547mm x 240mm x 475mm
Define 7 Compact: 427mm x 210mm x 474mm
Meshify C: 395mm x 212mm x 440mm

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I'm thinking compact was just the moniker they used to denote that it's smaller than the regular Define 7. It's still larger than the standard Meshify C which I have sitting on my desk and consider pretty compact for a mid-tower.
Yeah, there's still a whole bunch of wasted space with the Define 7 Compact;

It has two inches of clearance for a radiator above the motherboard but the top panel is solid so you aren't going to put a radiator there.

There are zero optical bays or 3.5" bays in front of the motherboard so all of the 'depth' is for 360mm GPUs. How many people buying 360mm GPUs are looking for a case that says "compact" in the name? Why must people looking for space-efficient cases suffer for this edge-case stupidity? The 3090FE is outrageously large and matches some of the most humungously-oversized monstrosities ever made, and yet it's still under 320mm long; Why does Fractal's 'compact' case need to accommodate 360mm GPUs? I've never seen, heard of, or imagined a GPU at 360mm long. Surely that voids all ATX specifications and makes it incompatible with the ATX standard by default?! How can a case be called 'compact' if it's unnecessarily deep front-to-back solely as a special exception to a monster, XXL graphics card so big that it has yet to be conceived and doesn't actually exist?!

Okay so there are two hard drive bays in front of the PSU. Well a PSU is 150-160mm long and you add another 50mm for chunky 24-pin cable bends and another 100mm for the 3.5" drives, how in the hell do you arrive at 427mm for that lot? Even with 25mm for a fan it only adds up to ~325mm and that's over 100mm of "padding" or wasted space. You could easily shave 50-100mm off the depth of the Define 7 "Compact" (you have to say that word in a mocking, sarcastic way) and it would still fit 99.7% of the components available on the market and 100% of components chosen by people looking for genuinely compact ATX cases. Let's go easy on the Define 7 Compact and say we only trimmed 40mm from the roof and 70mm from the front: That's still a reduction from 43L to 33L which means the current "compact" product is still 30% larger than it needs to be....

No, the Define 7 Compact is not compact. It's a perfectly reasonable full-ATX size that used to be the standard for 20 years before the Vertical GPU, vanity showboat, quad-AIO radiator madness that rode in with the other three horsemen of the RGBLED-tempered-glass-Chinese-flea-market apocalypse.

Man, that was a satifying rant. I'm not even sorry.

Last edited:
Processor 5930k @ 3.7 normally; can do 4.1 stable
Motherboard asus rog rampage 5
Cooling noctua server two fan air
Memory 16GB @2133
Video Card(s) 1670 ti
Storage several SSD adding nvme soon
Display(s) lg 77" cx 4k, lg 55 b8 4k
Case big tower lots of fans including side and top fans
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply seasonic 1200watt
Mouse adjustable vertical
Keyboard really cheap
Software windows 8.1, Linux -dual boot different drives
I too like the solid side option... what I'd really like is something with a side fan that blocks all the crap rgb light...call it the black hole edition. Yeah I'd also like a winning lottery ticket too.

Last edited:
System Name PATATAS-3XTR3M3
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Phanteks Glacier One 240MP
Memory 32gb (16x2) G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RTX 3080 Ti UV:850@1850
Storage Boot Drive: ADATA XPG SX6000 256gb, Storage Drive: 1TB Samsung 980 x2
Display(s) Lenovo G27Q-20
Case Lian Li O11D Mini
Audio Device(s) Samson SR850 connected to a Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Akko MOD006, Durock POMS
Would love to see what the updated Meshify C would look like. Hopefully the fix the panel popping and the HDD clearance

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Yeah, there's still a whole bunch of wasted space with the Define 7 Compact;

It has two inches of clearance for a radiator above the motherboard but the top panel is solid so you aren't going to put a radiator there.

There are zero optical bays or 3.5" bays in front of the motherboard so all of the 'depth' is for 360mm GPUs. How many people buying 360mm GPUs are looking for a case that says "compact" in the name? Why must people looking for space-efficient cases suffer for this edge-case stupidity? The 3090FE is outrageously large and matches some of the most humungously-oversized monstrosities ever made, and yet it's still under 320mm long; Why does Fractal's 'compact' case need to accommodate 360mm GPUs? I've never seen, heard of, or imagined a GPU at 360mm long. Surely that voids all ATX specifications and makes it incompatible with the ATX standard by default?! How can a case be called 'compact' if it's unnecessarily deep front-to-back solely as a special exception to a monster, XXL graphics card so big that it has yet to be conceived and doesn't actually exist?!

Okay so there are two hard drive bays in front of the PSU. Well a PSU is 150-160mm long and you add another 50mm for chunky 24-pin cable bends and another 100mm for the 3.5" drives, how in the hell do you arrive at 427mm for that lot? Even with 25mm for a fan it only adds up to ~325mm and that's over 100mm of "padding" or wasted space. You could easily shave 50-100mm off the depth of the Define 7 "Compact" (you have to say that word in a mocking, sarcastic way) and it would still fit 99.7% of the components available on the market and 100% of components chosen by people looking for genuinely compact ATX cases. Let's go easy on the Define 7 Compact and say we only trimmed 40mm from the roof and 70mm from the front: That's still a reduction from 43L to 33L which means the current "compact" product is still 30% larger than it needs to be....

No, the Define 7 Compact is not compact. It's a perfectly reasonable full-ATX size that used to be the standard for 20 years before the Vertical GPU, vanity showboat, quad-AIO radiator madness that rode in with the other three horsemen of the RGBLED-tempered-glass-Chinese-flea-market apocalypse.

Man, that was a satifying rant. I'm not even sorry.
Yeah, I agree, larger than it needs to be for sure. In regards to the top-mounted rad, Fractal lists on the product page that you can swap the solid top panel for a ventilated one that comes included.