• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Frame Generation for Videos - Options.?

Nvidia 4xxx gen cards via DLSS 3 can apparently do Frame Generation on Video files whilst encoding / decoding them apparently, but via what end user application software I do not know, or whether this is the only hardware option currently available (and I don't have one), hence the question about what options are out there, and of course whether the actual end user results are good or not.

The below linked article its the only time I have ever heard this talked about and below is ironically the top search hit for "can frame generation be used on video", ironic because it brings me straight to TechPowerUp.

I decided NOT to dreg up that old post from 2022, and to post this new question here in this section because video is specifically mentioned so I thought that people here would know best as there is no particular reason that frame generation for video can't be used by anyone on a modernish PC via software, (ideally with hardware acceleration from all major vendors (AMD, Intel, Nvidia)) but I have never heard it discussed beyond the article linked.

On a side note, this would be an ideal candidate for a dedicated AI engine that was powerful enough to do this in realtime so it doesn't eat a big extra chunk of diskspace for something that might only ever be viewed once, but that is all dependent on whether frame generation even works as it should.

Reactions: izy