• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Geometry Dash 2.2 release

What is your prediction for geometry dash 2.2 release date? 2.2 trailer is out (check steam or App Store on phones for proof of its existence)

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quote from Dashword site:
When Will Geometry Dash 2.2 Really Come Out?
RobTop confirmed that he had planned to release Geometry Dash 2.2 in 2022, but it is likely that the update will need a little longer. Instead, Geometry Dash 2.2 will likely come out between January and June 2023.

While it is possible for RobTop to release Geometry Dash 2.2 before the end of the year, that is becoming more and more unrealistic as the days pass. Instead, I think this estimate is much more realistic.

Why Is Geometry Dash 2.2 Taking So Long?​

Geometry Dash 2.2 is taking so long because of the following features:

• Multiplayer Mode
  • Platformer Mode
  • The Arrow Trigger
  • The 2.2 Editor
These features, along with their many bugs, are taking a long time to program. They also require major parts of Geometry Dash to be rewritten because they are so game-changing.

These 4 features are likely contributing to Geometry Dash 2.2's long wait time.

EnderMuffin123

I bet it comes out on my birthday. That would be the most legendary present ever.

I have Geometry Dash on my phone, and the 2.2 update isn't on there for some reason. I SWARE I WANT TO USE THE AMAZING REVERSE TRIGGER OMGGGG!!! I forgot to mention that the version of Geometry Dash I have right now is V 2.111. I'm not sure if it's released yet but Damn it's taking soooo long. Im counting on you Robtop.