• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Omen 17 13th Gen i9-13900HX Offset Not Working

silvercapy

Hi,

I followed the jedi22300 setup video and some more recent ThrottleStop videos and I can't get my Offset to change from +0.0000. I have disabled VBS and deleted the ThrottleStop.ini after, I have also disabled Virtualization Technology in BIOS and I still cant get anything to change when I adjust Offset Voltage. Now Omen Gaming Hub does have an undervolting option but using it only changes the CPU Core by whatever value I put into that program, it does not affect any of the other categories. I have tried to change with Omen Gaming Hub's undervolting both off and on to see if that was interfering.

Additionally, when performing the TS Bench, PL 2 will maintain yellow with some flashes of red during the test, what is advised for this?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Virtualization-Based Security.png
    Virtualization-Based Security.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 8
  • TS Bench.png
    TS Bench.png
    288 KB · Views: 8
  • FIVR Control.png
    FIVR Control.png
    440.9 KB · Views: 8

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
The FIVR window shows that Undervolt Protection is enabled. You cannot undervolt when the BIOS has enabled UVP.

Try setting a small positive offset voltage like +5 mV just for testing purposes. That should show up in the monitoring table. Negative offset requests will be ignored.

Post a TPL screenshot. Check the MMIO Lock box and increase the turbo power limits to fix power limit throttling problems.

silvercapy

Wow thank you for the timely response
Setting the Offset to +5 does indeed affect the numbers in the top right. I'll look into disabling UVP and see what I can find in the meantime
Here is the TPL screenshot

Attachments

• FIVR Control +5.png
    FIVR Control +5.png
    440.7 KB · Views: 5
  • TPL Screenshot.png
    TPL Screenshot.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 7

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Check the MMIO Lock box, clear the Sync MMIO box and set the PP0 Power Limit to 0. Did you originally check the PP0 Power Limit box? if yes, any reason why? Most recent computers do not use this setting.

I prefer to set Power Limit 4 to a value of 0. Increase the core and cache IccMax values in the FIVR window if you have any EDP throttling issues.

silvercapy

Apologies I misunderstood the MMIO Lock box the first time. I do not know if/why I originally checked PP0, it's been a long day working on this and I'm starting to forget things I did earlier. I'm also not the most tech savvy person in general.

Also not sure if you can assist, how do I go about disabling UVP? So far I've been watching this video. Is it normal to be able to Unlock Adjustable Voltage and mess with the Offset Voltage Sliders but not have the values in the monitoring window change?

I've included what the current FIVR window looks like as well as the current TS Bench mid test and the TPL Window

Attachments

• TS Bench.png
    TS Bench.png
    300 KB · Views: 3
  • FIVR Control.png
    FIVR Control.png
    438.9 KB · Views: 4
  • TPL Screenshot.png
    TPL Screenshot.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: