• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Takes AI Leadership to the Next Level

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
HP Inc. today introduced two new innovations—the world's highest performance AI PC and the first integration of a trust framework into an AI model development platform. Both announcements expand HP's efforts to make AI real for companies and people with new and transformative AI experiences across the company's PCs, software, and partner ecosystem.

HP is empowering everyone, from corporate knowledge workers to freelancers and students, to unlock the power of AI. Users can connect with anyone in the world with real time translation to 40 languages, become master presenters with their personal communication coach, and quickly create videos like a pro.

"AI is poised to be the most significant driver of change over the next decade, ushering in a new era of innovation driven not just by information, but actionable insights," said Alex Cho, President, Personal Systems, HP Inc. "HP is making AI real for companies with solutions like Z by HP AI Studio, for places and spaces with our latest hybrid work solutions, and for people with our first HP OmniBook Ultra."

Empowering Companies to Build and Use AI
Today, only 33% of data scientists are satisfied with their current AI tools, and 81% lack confidence in their company's ability to quickly deploy those tools—underscoring the urgent need for solutions that can rapidly transform business operations.

Announced earlier this year, HP is adding new capabilities to the Z by HP AI Studio for faster and safer deployment of AI-powered applications, building trust into LLM development and customization. As the world's most comprehensive workstation solution for AI development, Z by HP AI Studio is now empowering data scientists and AI creators to create models they trust with the integration of Galileo into Z by HP AI Studio. Users will be able to detect and correct hallucinations, drift, and bias in their models, while proactively protecting against inaccurate or biased outputs—all within the AI Studio platform. With this added capability, HP is the only manufacturer to develop an AI platform for workstations with built-in generative AI trust for LLM development. 2

"Allowing businesses to leverage their proprietary data without compromising security is critical for AI development, and Galileo is proud to join forces with HP to deliver solutions that add visibility, control, and trust to enterprise generative AI projects," said Yash Sheth, Co-Founder & COO, Galileo. "By integrating our software and Luna Evaluation Foundation Models with Z by HP's AI Studio, we are delivering unparalleled value for organizations seeking to responsibly harness the transformative power of AI."

Experiencing AI on HP PCs
An Unconstrained AI Playground: The HP OmniBook Ultra

As new possibilities are unlocked daily with AI, consumers on the bleeding edge of AI revolution have a new tool in the toolbox to run workloads faster, customize models, and maintain privacy - all locally on the device.

Meet the first HP OmniBook Ultra 14-inch Next Gen AI PC. This device:
  • Inspires without compromise: Unleash endless creativity with the device's AMD Ryzen AI 300 series processor with integrated AMD Radeon 800M graphics. Its powerful NPU offers unparalleled performance and up to 21 hours of battery life.
  • Supercharges productivity: The OmniBook Ultra is co-engineered with AMD to enable up to 55 TOPS of NPU performance. HP AI Companion optimizes the device for greater productivity and brings AI tools and solutions onto the device. It will soon offer expanded functionality for managing PC settings and troubleshooting HP products.
  • Enables immersive and seamless collaboration: Experience life uninterrupted with collaboration tools like an AI-enabled, high-resolution 9 MP camera using the Poly Camera Pro app and Windows Studio Effects.
  • Protects from threats: Industry-leading protection and capabilities of Wolf Security found on HP's commercial devices are now available on the HP OmniBook Ultra. The unique security chip allows the PC's core to self-heal from AI-assisted cyberattacks while keeping data private and users productive.
  • Future-proofed technology that's sustainable: The OmniBook Ultra will have a free update to Copilot+ PC experiences when available from Microsoft. And the device is designed using up to 90% recycled metals and 5% ocean-bound plastics to help reduce environmental impact.

AI That Adapts: The OmniStudio X AIO

For consumers who need a performant all-in-one device for both creation and entertainment, the first HP OmniStudio X 27- and 31.5-inch All-In-One Desktop PCs deliver a sleek modern design with built-in AI features:
  • Productivity powerhouse: Experience the raw power of the device's three engines (CPU, GPU, and NPU) to accelerate AI applications. Create and collaborate like never before with up to Intel Core Ultra 7 processors and optional NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 GPU (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated) to best optimize intensive workflows like photo and video editing.
  • Adaptable design: Productivity and entertainment have never been more customizable on the world's most adaptive AI All-in-One with its height-adjustable stand and new USB Type-C with DP-in/out. The USB-C connection supports video, audio, data, keyboard, and mouse control, and it can be used as a laptop docking station to take advantage of the large display. Its AI-powered wellness features like screen time and distance reminders help reduce fatigue. Presence sensing adds additional privacy and peace of mind whether working at home or in open spaces.
  • Entertain and collaborate: With its massive 4K screen, 5 MP camera, Poly Studio audio, and Adaptive audio, the HP OmniStudio X 31.5 is the world's most immersive experience AI All-in-One and the first All-in-One to receive an IMAX Enhanced certification for the ultimate visual and sound experience.
  • Sustainability in any size: Little things make a big difference with the OmniStudio X AIO, which uses 25% recycled metals and 35% post-consumer recycled plastics. It also has EPEAT Gold with Climate+ and ENERGY STAR certifications.

Explore the Possibilities of AI with the Latest Software Ecosystem

HP is also working closely with the rapidly growing ecosystem of software developers building powerful AI solutions for consumers and businesses. As part of this effort, Beautiful.ai and Polymer will supercharge productivity, and Luminar Neo will accelerate creative editing - all part of future updates to HP AI Companion. HP is also collaborating with Omnibridge, Loccus.ai, and Virtual Sapiens to deliver easier, seamless, and accessible experiences with AI on HP AI PCs.

Pricing and Availability
  • Z by HP AI Studio with Galileo integration is expected to be available in the fall of 2024.
  • The HP OmniBook Ultra 14-inch Next Gen AI PC is expected to be available beginning in August on HP.com for a starting price of $1,449.99. The device will also be available at BestBuy.com.
  • The HP OmniStudio X 27- and 31.5-inch All-In-One Desktop PCs are expected to be available beginning in August on HP.com for a starting price of $1,149.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
I realize that HP's history goes way back to the early days of computing, but with all their recent shenanigans, I have put them on my semi-permanent no-buy/shit list, right up there with da Eggr, AsSus, Ratuken, BustBuy, and a few others :)

I can't wait to see the day when their AI gobbles them up & spits them out into nothingness....

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Takes Leadership... right lmao, HP!

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
AI marketing is out of control. People already had massive AI capabilities in their RTX 3070 laptops from 4 years ago. Nobody cared. Nobody cares today either.

System Name Dreamstation2
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus
Cooling Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) Aorus 2080 Ti Turbo (sounds like a vaccum cleaner at full load)
Storage 2 x 1TB M.2 NVME + 1TB 2.5" SSD
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 32" 4k
Case NZXT H500i
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U3 / Audio-Technica ATH-M50x / Edifier R1855DB
Power Supply Corsair TX650M
Mouse Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Can you get it without the AI "features" ?
I'm OK with the AI hardware, because it's used for some really useful things (video, audio and image editing, etc.). AI powered filters let me do things with 3 mouse clicks instead of 10 minutes of manual work. As long as AI is helping, not replacing humans, I'm all for it. If the NPU in the new Ryzen 9700X (that I plan on buying to replace my 3700X) is faster than my ageing 2080Ti, that will be a nice boost to my productivity without getting a new and expensive GPU.
It's the stupid "AI everywhere" rush that's annoying me.

AI marketing is out of control. People already had massive AI capabilities in their RTX 3070 laptops from 4 years ago. Nobody cared. Nobody cares today either.
Computer hardware is so fast nowadays, that even a $300 laptop is good enough for 90% of people's needs. Manufacturers need something new to sell stuff. Now that speed is no longer an argument, they lean on "get on the AI bandwagon" marketing.

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
I'm OK with the AI hardware, because it's used for some really useful things (video, audio and image editing, etc.). AI powered filters let me do things with 3 mouse clicks instead of 10 minutes of manual work. As long as AI is helping, not replacing humans, I'm all for it. If the NPU in the new Ryzen 9700X (that I plan on buying to replace my 3700X) is faster than my ageing 2080Ti, that will be a nice boost to my productivity without getting a new and expensive GPU.
It's the stupid "AI everywhere" rush that's annoying me.

Computer hardware is so fast nowadays, that even a $300 laptop is good enough for 90% of people's needs. Manufacturers need something new to sell stuff. Now that speed is no longer an argument, they lean on "get on the AI bandwagon" marketing.

There's no NPU in the Ryzen 9700X. They added them to the laptop chips, not the desktop chips. Because you'd want to use a Radeon 7900 XT for AI with the desktop. Or RTX 4060. Etc. All faster anyways.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Thank you HP for taking leadership with the AI bizz buzz. Tossing in the word trust was a nice touch as well.

:p

System Name Budget Box
Processor Xeon E5-2667v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Pro
Cooling Some cheap tower cooler, I dunno
Memory 32GB 1866-DDR3 ECC
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600XT
Storage WD NVME 1GB
Display(s) ASUS Pro Art 27"
Case Antec P7 Neo
Whew, I was really getting worried that no one was going to take AI leadership to the next level. HP made quality sleep possible again.

System Name GameStation
Processor AMD R5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550
Cooling Artic Freezer II 120
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900 XTX
Storage 2 TB SSD
Case Cooler Master Elite 120
Wow, times are changing. A first rate AMD laptop being retailed at BestBuy?
Looks like Intel is cutting the bribes program so maybe they only have enough money left to keep Dell in it, so HP is now “free” to use AMD. :)

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
I wont buy anything from HP ever unless they turn their product around. Such shitty products.

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Empowering, leadership, AI... Some of my most hated words ever.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
"HP Takes AI Leadership to the Next Level"

Is "AI Leadership" a euphemism for "caught asleep on the job", and is "Next Level" a euphemism for Kindergarten?

Last time I checked, HP weren't even on the AI radar, and HP's idea of leadership is to buy out the superior competition and completely fail to capitalise on what the competition was doing to become superior to HP(E) in the first place.

Empowering, leadership, AI... Some of my most hated words ever.
Empowering, Leadership, and AI are all prominently featured words of The 2024 Bullshit Bingo card.