• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hunting for capacitor identity on GPU P102-100

nagasaki020

Hello!

First post, starting with a question, of course. Sorry for that. But I am trying to, as the description of the post, to find out the values of a specific capacitor on my P102-100 GPUs (I have 3 of these with the exact same problem).
Long story short, bought several P102-100 10 GBs, Zotacs, from China. I tested a concept of a liquid cooled gpu mining rig, which has been mostly successful, except for these 3 ones. I forgot to add cooling bridge to the power-related (guessing regulators?) smd chips, and so after switching algos to quickly, the very same capacitors were blown on all 3 cards on the same locations. So my guess is that lack of cooling on these other smd caused some voltage spike or something.
Anyway, here is where I am hoping not to get to harshly judged. I have autism (as everybody else apparently) and I know there are better ways to invest time and money etc. And also I know its cheaper to buy new cards ("cheapest is to not do it at all") but I would like to attempt to repair them myself. Its a way of learning for me, and also, the mining rig, although not super profitable, has saved me a lot of cash in heating of the house during the winter.
The seller does not have any schematics, or bill of materials to the cards, and searching the web only gets me idiotic search results.

So the question: Does anyone have any idea if there is a circuit schematic, or PCB BOM, or anything similar that could potentially help me out?

If anyone interested in the results, I can mine full effect on ethash algorithms at 50 celcius degrees and under (ranging from 50 to 38 degrees celcius) per card and kawpows around 47-55 celcius.

As to the profitability, I mine diferent stuff, then use that to invest in other stuff with higher potential, more or less. Thats my justification.

Thanks in advance!

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
What @StViolenceDay said, these mining card were probably all made on the same assembly line.