• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I can't go into bios after i switch my GPU

Wardeenclyffe

So i swapped my GPU from gt1030 to rx580 and i can't boot up into bios after i switched them, i only can go into bios on the GT 1030 ( I selled the gt1030 so i don't have acces to it) and not the rx, i tried:
-Removing the lithium battery from the motherboard
-Completely formatted the entire system
-Tried going to the bios from windows settings
And i need to go into BIOS because i want to swap my CPU from R3 1200 to R5 3600, and i think i need an update for that, so can anyone help? Pleasee

Edit : Also the motherboard im using is B450M DS3H WiFi
And my gpu bios number is up to date when i looked at it

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
So i swapped my GPU from gt1030 to rx580 and i can't boot up into bios after i switched them, i only can go into bios on the GT 1030 ( I selled the gt1030 so i don't have acces to it) and not the rx, i tried:
-Removing the lithium battery from the motherboard
-Completely formatted the entire system
-Tried going to the bios from windows settings
And i need to go into BIOS because i want to swap my CPU from R3 1200 to R5 3600, and i think i need an update for that, so can anyone help? Pleasee

Edit : Also the motherboard im using is B450M DS3H WiFi
And my gpu bios number is up to date when i looked at it
Install @bios and you will be able to flash the Gigabyte bios under Windows (at own risk).

Download and installation order:
  1. https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_app_center_B24.0315.1.zip
  2. https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_atbios_B24.0130.1.zip

Open CMD as admin and run this command (and tell us if it worked):
shutdown /r /fw

This command restarts the PC and enters the motherboard SETUP.

Wardeenclyffe

Uhh, i did it, and it doesn't work
Maybe it's because when i boot up my pc, for a long time theres a black screen, and only in the top left corner there is text showing HDMI or DisplayPort and it switches about 4 times, then my pc boots up to windows, it wasn't like that before i got my new GPU, before it was a logo of GIGABYTE on the monitor, then it turned on windows
(Im so sorry for poor english)