• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel ARC case discussion

aQi

Hello my beloved TPU folks. It has been a while since i posted a thread to gather ideas and brainstorm to think next level. As of now it brings us to a conclusion that the blue team aint coming slow. stepping up with the 12th gen architecture, its brings us to the timeline in which Intel has its up coming ARC (Alchemist) line of discrete gpu.

Seemingly Intel posted a video of demonstracting the gaming era. In the end of the video we were exposed to a case + monitor + laptop. Coming from a geek point of view in modding. I really admired the case. A see through panel with realtime temps and graph ? I mean how ? Well yes see through LCD side panel is possible but that requires a bright background to display over a see through LCD.

Guys need your thoughts on this. here is what Intel exposed and im not sure its originally like this or perhaps rendered. Even if its rendered its still likely do able. Im still working on a mod and had similar idea close to this one.
aFzKku1LyycoBi53.jpg20211212_035319.jpg

System Name Planet Espresso
Processor 13700KF @ 5.3GHZ UV - 220W cap
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit EVO
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2TB WD SN850, 4TB WD SN850X
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case Jonsbo Z20
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard 65% HE Keyboard
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Amazon.com: iBUYPOWER Snowblind S 19" Translucent Customizable Side-Panel LCD Display 1280 x 1024 Resolution Mid-Tower Desktop Computer Gaming Case 3 x 120 Millimeter Fans SECC Steel, White : Electronics

You mean like this type of side panel?

Starting 2020 off right. Transparent LCD case mod. : pcmasterrace (reddit.com)

You could probably grab a Jonsbo U4 Plus and do this mod to get a very similar result:

1641224714710.png

DIY Transparent Side Panel From a Recycled Monitor! : 8 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables

The thing that's crazy about that render is that the text is pretty bright, and there isn't light that bright pouring out of the front cheese grater holes. So its a bit inaccurate in that regard as you would need a light source to make light text through an LCD like that and there doesn't seem be one that bright inside the system.

Last edited:

aQi

Amazon.com: iBUYPOWER Snowblind S 19" Translucent Customizable Side-Panel LCD Display 1280 x 1024 Resolution Mid-Tower Desktop Computer Gaming Case 3 x 120 Millimeter Fans SECC Steel, White : Electronics

You mean like this type of side panel?

Starting 2020 off right. Transparent LCD case mod. : pcmasterrace (reddit.com)

You could probably grab a Jonsbo U4 Plus and do this mod to get a very similar result:

View attachment 231091

DIY Transparent Side Panel From a Recycled Monitor! : 8 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables

The thing that's crazy about that render is that the text is pretty bright, and there isn't light that bright pouring out of the front cheese grater holes. So its a bit inaccurate in that regard as you would need a light source to make light text through an LCD like that and there doesn't seem be one that bright inside the system.

you are getting my point now. I am familiar with the idea and look closely this mod requires a whitish background that is done by white light lit with the case to make the panel visable. Intel did the same but inverted. Perhaps some tweaks can be done. Lets say we use a temper black glass that can cover the white light a bit. invert the text to white and all background black ? hmmmmm processing........

Case Jonsbo Z20
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard 65% HE Keyboard
Software Windows 11
you are getting my point now. I am familiar with the idea and look closely this mod requires a whitish background that is done by white light lit with the case to make the panel visable. Intel did the same but inverted. Perhaps some tweaks can be done. Lets say we use a temper black glass that can cover the white light a bit. invert the text to white and all background black ? hmmmmm processing........
See-through OLED TV a window to tomorrow - YouTube

See through OLED panel maybe? Looks like they're made for displays/ cases and might be cheaper than actual oleds... idk.

Case Jonsbo Z20
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard 65% HE Keyboard
Software Windows 11
Last edited:

aQi

1. LCD layer only with edge-lit window?
Can be used with any monitor but requires a backlight source

2. Small pitch LED film (most likely).
LAT140 | Transparent LED Film | LED Signage | LG Information Display (lg-informationdisplay.com)

3. See-through OLED - unlikely as only limited availability in 55"
Transparent OLED | OLED Signage | LG Information Display (lg-informationdisplay.com)

4. mini projector? Potential?
A4 Size Transparent 3D Holographic Projection Film Self Adhesive Film | eBay
Well this explains alot. The transparent LED film is relatable but i guess the number of LED has to be increased (SMD) and a controller board like andreno must be attached in order to achieve a fine build.
Again thd OLED will be expensive and cannot be cropped out for custom dimensions. If a manufacture is asked it still requires us to order 1000 units.
The project film is the cheapest trick and feels better but requires a projector ? mini pockect projectors are available. May be this can be used for another mod based on the front panel ?

My idea is to mod something that others can also do with ease. OLED panel really feels something we all want but its expensive. What do you have in mind about all the three options you shared ?