• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Intel AX210/AX211/AX1650/AX1675] Intel Modded Wi-Fi Driver with Intel® Killer™ Features

System Name Asus TUF Gaming FA506IU Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
Motherboard AMD K17.6 FCH, AMD K17.6 IMC
Cooling Dual Fans Design with Self-Cleaning Cooling
Memory Samsung DRR4 - 3200Mhz 16GB(8GBx2)
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB)
Storage WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-256G-1002 + SHGP31-500GM-2 + ST1000LM035-1RK172
Display(s) LM156LF-2F03 144HZ Adaptive SYNC
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC256 @ AMD K17.6
Power Supply ASUS Power Brick 180W
Mouse ROG SICA Gaming Mouse
Benchmark Scores CineBench R23 Single core:- 1290 points CineBench R23 Multi core:- 11111 points
The drivers that I will be providing it to you today are made for Intel AX210/AX211/AX1650/AX1675 Wi-Fi module chip that is present to almost all OEM/Vendor laptops [Mostly on Intel based laptops].

Unfortunately Intel stock drivers differentiate between top of the line of Intel Wi-Fi chip and the cheaper/older ones... even though they have the exact same hardware specifications yet.. they lock features & performance improvements related to the driver functions to only top tier/top of the line of Intel Wi-Fi chip and neglect older Intel Wi-Fi chip with old drivers & un-optimized functions being used. I guess Intel does that to force users to buy there expensive top tier/top of the line of Intel Wi-Fi chip.

This modded driver supports Intel AX210/AX211/AX1650/AX1675 Wi-Fi.. doesn't matter if from Acer, Asus, Lenovo, MSI, HP, Desktop, NUC, etc.. and others... as long as they are Intel AX210/AX211/AX1650/AX1675 Wi-Fi model.. it is completely fine. Now you can save $$$ and enjoy Intel® Killer™ Features along with optimizations that comes with it! :rockout:

Today I present you my so called "Optimized" or "Improved" drivers by editing .inf files to be able to take advantage of top tier/top of the line of Intel Wi-Fi chip features to our older models. It's like I am back porting all features & optimization that are made only to top tier/top of the line of Intel Wi-Fi chip features back to our beloved Intel AX210/AX211/AX1650/AX1675 Wi-Fi :)

Intel applied arbitrary limitations to AX210/AX211/AX1650/AX1675 Wi-Fi chip so they can sell AX411 & AX1690... but here I am... it's now using the new NetAdapterCx (Network Adapter WDF Class Extension) with my modified driver on AX210/AX211/AX1650/AX1675!, Which they only did it for AX411 & AX1690 while they kept AX210/AX211/AX1650/AX1675 with an old ndis.sys ones deliberately.

By default NetAdapterCx is being used on ethernet drivers years ago by Realtek/Intel and other Ethernet Vendors too.

It's simply a driver limitation Intel put it on but HW supports it. It also have DCT [Double Connect Tech.] although I would need find a way to test it if DCT actually works with AX210/AX211 specifically since I have the option to enable it on the driver settings through device manager but I believe it needs Intel Killer Software Suite... [WIP about Intel Killer Software Suite... I already bypassed HWID check but needs more work & not worth delays the public release of this modded driver :) ]

Here's some info regarding the DCT [Double Connect Tech.] with a Video explaining it.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...ess/double-connect-killer-wi-fi-6e-video.html

Using Windows 11 is a requirement to enjoy those benefits that I will mention after this. Windows 10 doesn't support NetAdapterCx driver.

Benefits & Features with NetAdapterCx driver support are...
  • Lower ndis.sys DPC routines
  • Lower CPU utilization during high load networking
  • Lower latency when compared between NetAdapterCx based drivers vs ndis.sys based drivers.

You can read it here more in-depth.. and even google it.
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...ver-model-for-the-next-generation/ba-p/339722
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/netcx/wifi-wdf-class-extension-wificx

Here's some proof picture that I did it with success! + Technical details about Intel dividing the features between AX210/AX211/AX411 through driver structure changes...
1725409656813.png

1725409665443.png

1725409922015.png

Additional tunings I have made on this modded driver are...
  • MSI tunings related to IRQ & Priority level.
  • Applied out of the box default settings of Intel Killer features for AX210/AX211 and enabled & used by default.
  • Using QOS settings that was only made for Intel Killer models now being used by default to our beloved AX210/AX211.
  • Unhide & allow DCT [Double Connect Tech.] to be visible to the users on device manager.
  • Auto elevate script used inside setup.bat to be able to Install the modded driver without needing to do "Right click on the file & Run as admin".
  • Renamed Intel Wi-Fi naming to be able to differentiate between stock driver ones & my modded driver ones.
I will always update Intel drivers whenever Intel provides newer stock driver versions on the future releases & I will apply the modded changes on top of it.

Alright here we start... I have the confidence to share my modded driver to the public which allows us to enjoy all features & optimization that Intel made and might provide extra networking performance as well. The driver is on the attachment of this post!

Unfortunately I don't have any spare time to provide data results of performance difference between the stock driver ones vs my modded driver. So the only option is to take Microsoft words about NetAdapterCx benefits and Intel words about Intel® Killer™ features benefits but all I can assure you 100% is that I confirm that all those changes are being applied & used correctly & effectively being used properly.

Please notice this is the 1st Public Beta release. I have made it public after enough reports of being stable & without any stability issues being reported. If you faced any issues... please report it here by commenting, Thank you :)

Installing instructions:-
  • Simply download the file [The driver is on the attachment of this post! ]
  • Extract the zip file. [Use 7zip as Windows ones doesn't know how to deal with compressed files.]
  • Simply run setup.bat file & you are done! :clap:
  • Enjoy! :toast:

Attachments

• 1725409672653.png
    1725409672653.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Intel(R) Ultra Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210-AX211 160MHz-[Self-Signed]-PublicBeta.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

the54thvoid

Super Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10