• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[INTEL]-How To Update Your Microcode for Intel HX 13/14th CPUs Laptops/Mobile Easily.

System Name Asus TUF Gaming FA506IU Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
Motherboard AMD K17.6 FCH, AMD K17.6 IMC
Cooling Dual Fans Design with Self-Cleaning Cooling
Memory Samsung DRR4 - 3200Mhz 16GB(8GBx2)
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB)
Storage WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-256G-1002 + SHGP31-500GM-2 + ST1000LM035-1RK172
Display(s) LM156LF-2F03 144HZ Adaptive SYNC
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC256 @ AMD K17.6
Power Supply ASUS Power Brick 180W
Mouse ROG SICA Gaming Mouse
Benchmark Scores CineBench R23 Single core:- 1290 points CineBench R23 Multi core:- 11111 points
Let me start with a small background info...

Since we know all Intel's fiasco about what is happening with Raptor Lake/Raptor Lake Refresh which is Intel's codename for the 13th and 14th generations of Intel Core processors, Most OEM/Vendors doesn't want to provide BIOS update that includes microcode update along with required updated Intel ME FW in order to work more effectively.

Since most laptops got outdated Intel ME FW & outdated microcode... this has become a serious problem since the CPUID of Intel HX 13/14th CPUs share the same code with Desktop variants and hence it should be considered Intel HX 13/14th CPUs as a Desktop CPU in a laptop case.

So it means they share the same impact as Desktop variants even if it doesn't boost enough to be of a concern, it does have relevancy and you now have the option to use this very simple driver that I am sharing it to you here on any Intel HX 13/14th CPUs Laptops/Mobile as long as it has CPUID of B0671.

Either way the requirement of updated Intel ME FW are just only mandatory when used in conjunction with any new microcode (If it's needed) in the BIOS but outside BIOS like... while running Windows or Linux this requirement of having an updated Intel ME FW is just optional.

Thanks to this VMware CPU Microcode Update Driver I can use it on any windows without needing to mess with the BIOS. Safest thing to update microcode.

Now... How to check if you got the latest microcode update or not? By simply check through HWINO64 or AIDA64 or even if you are using ThrottleStop tool will tell you which microcode you are using.

Here's some examples how it is shown which microcode are you using through various tools...

HWINFO64
1723151457317.jpeg

AIDA64
1723151469235.jpeg

ThrottleStop
1723151478234.jpeg

Now fortunately I already packed it for you & ready to use without any further work required. Saving you the time to do it.

For the next part... You need to download this .zip file and extract it. Simply run the "Install.bat" file as an administrator.
The .zip file attached on this post look at the end of this post.

It shouldn't even take long and only few seconds and you will see this window... which is success.
1723151495615.jpeg

You can even check the event viewer which confirms the success operation and applying the new microcode update.
1723151504545.jpeg

No need to reboot, You just updated your microcode! Yes... it's that simple!

If you ever wanted to uninstall your updated microcode for whatever reasons... simply run "uninstall.bat" file as an administrator & reboot your laptop.

Attachments

• cpumcupdate64.zip
    772.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: