• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is High Power 600W Bronze Eco good enough?

Hello. I want to make it clear that I don't know much about PSUs so I might ask a bit odd questions.

I run a E5 2690V3 with turbo unlock. Pulls 100W while gaming and 140W max on raw stress testing. For gpu, I run a RX 580 2048SP 8GB which has a TDP of 150W. For RAMs, I run 4X8 32GB 2133MHZ DDR4 RAMs that are running in Quad Channel.

For storage, I run 3x hard drives, 1x sata ssd and 2x m2 nvme SSD.

I'm thinking of getting a High Power 600W Eco Bronze PSU. Any good? The whole build was 200 usd, so please dont really exceed the 50usd 55usd range. thank you.

I also live in Turkey where prices gone skyrocket high. Economy is dogshit here. Thank you all.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Is it good? No
Will it work because you pull around 250w gaming? Probably but I assume you are getting a new version not a used, it's an older platform.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Technically speaking, 600W will suffice, as seen here. Note you did not mention anything about cooling so I added 3 x 140mm case fans to the calculations and did not include any alternative CPU cooling solutions. So you may need to adjust up or down for cooling.

"High Power" brand PSUs are not known for having stellar performance. That said, I am not saying they have a bad reputation - just not a good one like the upper-tier Corsairs, SuperFlower or Seasonic.

You also did not say how this computer is used. While most tasks do NOT max out power demands for the CPU and GPU at the same time, some do. With that in mind, I personally would like a little more headroom and would try to go for at least 650W Gold from a reputable maker. Even just that little bit of extra headroom should allow the PSU to operated a little cooler (and perhaps quieter). This could be significant if your room is not climate controlled.

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Alphacooled
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop
Memory 48GB Kingston DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB EKWB
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro UK English
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
AFAIK High Power is a mediocre brand at best.

Even if you have a budget setup, don't still cheap out of the PSU.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Totally agree but note the OP said he lives in Turkey so his affordable choice may be greatly limited.

Case fancier than yours
High Power, AKA Sirtec, AKA Highpower has been around for a while building for people like OCZ and PCP&P (after OCZ purchased them). Even EVGA (shockingly) tapped them for a recent build.

OP said he lives in Turkey so his affordable choice may be greatly limited.
that's the thing, easy to say just get this in NA but you have people list what some PC parts cost in other parts of the world and its shocking compared to their wage/salary

Is it good? No
Will it work because you pull around 250w gaming? Probably but I assume you are getting a new version not a used, it's an older platform.
I use X99 platform.
Technically speaking, 600W will suffice, as seen here. Note you did not mention anything about cooling so I added 3 x 140mm case fans to the calculations and did not include any alternative CPU cooling solutions. So you may need to adjust up or down for cooling.

"High Power" brand PSUs are not known for having stellar performance. That said, I am not saying they have a bad reputation - just not a good one like the upper-tier Corsairs, SuperFlower or Seasonic.

You also did not say how this computer is used. While most tasks do NOT max out power demands for the CPU and GPU at the same time, some do. With that in mind, I personally would like a little more headroom and would try to go for at least 650W Gold from a reputable maker. Even just that little bit of extra headroom should allow the PSU to operated a little cooler (and perhaps quieter). This could be significant if your room is not climate controlled.
I mean at max max my cpu pulls 140w, and that is prime95 which is unrealistic amount of load. Gpu is 150w. lets say 100w for the mobo and the rams, thats 390w. 50w for the fans (3x cpu fan, 2x gpu fan, 2x case fan, 1x laptop vacuum cooler fan) that is 440w. The PSU is rated for 600w, so 160W headroom is not bad at all imo.

is it?

Of course PSU would be the last component you'd want to cheap out. one small failure and goodbye to your whole system lol.
High Power, AKA Sirtec, AKA Highpower has been around for a while building for people like OCZ and PCP&P (after OCZ purchased them). Even EVGA (shockingly) tapped them for a recent build.

that's the thing, easy to say just get this in NA but you have people list what some PC parts cost in other parts of the world and its shocking compared to their wage/salary
when converted to usd, I make like 2 usd per hour. that explains it. And also know that there are shit ton of taxes here which inflate the cost of a psu.

Case fancier than yours
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I mean at max max my cpu pulls 140w, and that is prime95 which is unrealistic amount of load. Gpu is 150w. lets say 100w for the mobo and the rams, thats 390w. 50w for the fans (3x cpu fan, 2x gpu fan, 2x case fan, 1x laptop vacuum cooler fan) that is 440w. The PSU is rated for 600w, so 160W headroom is not bad at all imo.
I understand and agree - and I even said, and showed above with the calculator link, that 600W will suffice. I just said I personally would like a little more head room - especially considering that lackluster reputation from that brand.

But is should be noted that when determining power requirements, one must assume the CPU, GPU, RAM, all drives, all fans, the motherboard itself, and any other attached devices that draw power from that supply will, at some point in time, demand maximum power at the exact same time - regardless how unlikely that event might be.

If that High Power 600W is your only viable choice, it "should" work fine.

This? http://www.highpower-tech.com/eng/products_main.php?class=20200723162044&id=20200828103844
Group regulated, I would avoid it, but good psu's cost a lot since covid.
Yes that one exactly.

I understand and agree - and I even said, and showed above with the calculator link, that 600W will suffice. I just said I personally would like a little more head room - especially considering that lackluster reputation from that brand.

But is should be noted that when determining power requirements, one must assume the CPU, GPU, RAM, all drives, all fans, the motherboard itself, and any other attached devices that draw power from that supply will, at some point in time, demand maximum power at the exact same time - regardless how unlikely that event might be.

If that High Power 600W is your only viable choice, it "should" work fine.
I also can buy a MSI MAG 500W one. A500BN? idk. A600DN if i really really give a shit ton of money.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
500W, even the best from the best maker is not enough. And the MSI A600DN is only 80 PLUS "standard" (sometimes called "White") so it is even less efficient than that High Power "Bronze". And while 80 PLUS is NOT an indication of PSU quality or reliability, being more efficient is still desirable. So if me, I would stick with the High Power.