• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kinera YH802 Limited Edition Hybrid ANC TWS Earphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Kinera impressed before with its modular IEM cable, and we now take a look at its new limited edition set of TWS earphones featuring a hand-painted and assembled custom design, hybrid ANC with transparency modes, pre-programmed touch controls, and tuning inspired by its IEM R&D experiences to date.

Show full review

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
As always, thanks for another interesting review! Two questions:
- Do you take any time to wear in the membranes on these before the review? In my experience the initial wear-in can quite drastically alter the sound of pretty much any headphones.
- Have you considered building a setup for testing ANC efficacy? With your artificial ear setup it seems like this should be reasonably easy as long as the room doesn't have a bunch of uncontrollable noise - a speaker at a fixed distance and direction from the earphones, playing some predetermined noise pattern/sample clip ought to be a reasonable test, and would allow for relatively simple open ear/passive/ANC comparisons. Obviously this would be time consuming for regular reviews, but maybe a candidate for a round-up?

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
As always, thanks for another interesting review! Two questions:
- Do you take any time to wear in the membranes on these before the review? In my experience the initial wear-in can quite drastically alter the sound of pretty much any headphones.
- Have you considered building a setup for testing ANC efficacy? With your artificial ear setup it seems like this should be reasonably easy as long as the room doesn't have a bunch of uncontrollable noise - a speaker at a fixed distance and direction from the earphones, playing some predetermined noise pattern/sample clip ought to be a reasonable test, and would allow for relatively simple open ear/passive/ANC comparisons. Obviously this would be time consuming for regular reviews, but maybe a candidate for a round-up?
Everything goes through a minimum of 20 hours of playback before I write the review, often more given the amount of samples in play at any given time. Nice idea about the ANC testing though, let me see what I can do.