• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

(Laptop) BD Prochot - Throttling my CPU (Only once plugged into charger) GPU also effected FPS refuses to go over 30 fps in games

BrockTheTech

Hello,
First post here but thought someone might be able to help me out! Hivemind style!
I bought this laptop off a guy on facebook and he said it had some problems.
Me being the tech guy I am thought maybe I could fix the issues!
The add only said constant bluescreens and battery issues.. I thought easy as... nope..
Let me list some things
- No I cannot return it (Dosen't bother me I made the choice and I live by it)
- I have tried disabling BD PROCHOT in ThrottleStop to no avail
- This is the first time I have seen this issues before and I like challenges!
Specs -
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Model 15-dk0242TX
CPU - i7 9750h
GPU - GTX 1660ti
You should be able to find the rest of the specs from google if you need or ask!

Alright, so initially I got the laptop home turned it on had it plugged in and the laptops CPU throttled and stuck to 0.78mhz I unplugged the laptop and it jumped back up to base clock speed.
I googled the issue and found disabling BD Prochot fixed the issue CPU throttling issue. But this didn't stop the GPU it still ran really bad giving bad FPS in games even on the crappiest settings it gave 30fps MAX.
I have tried googling the issue to no avail. But did stumble across that it could be a sensor issue.. as BD Prochot and Prochot are seprate things. One means a sensor is telling everything to throttle and the other is the CPU throttling from heat.
This laptop does not get hot and I have even changed the thermal paste and ripped it all apart and checked it all and couldn't see anything physically apparent.
The only thing I have been told is broken is the W key is broken and the 2 key above the W key is also not Working.
Could this be the issue? the sensor is gone in the keyboard and telling the PC it's getting to hot? I have posted a screen shot of my ThrottleStop hoping someone can lend a hand.
1726362418473.png

1726362437627.png

1726362456162.png