• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lenovo LOQ 5 with 8GB DDR5 RAM consumes way too much memory than what task manager shows.

System Name Lenovo LOQ 15
Processor Ryzen 7 7840HS
Memory Crucial 32GB (2 x 16) DDR5 5600 SODIMM
Video Card(s) RTX 4050 Mobile OC @ 2.8 GHz (dGPU)/ Radeon 780M (iGPU)
Storage Micron MTFDKCD512TFK 512GB (Will Upgrade)
Display(s) 1080p 144Hz Laptop Display
Audio Device(s) Laptop Realtek Speakers (Dolby Atmos for Headphones)
Software Windows 11
When I checked the RAM consumption of the laptop in Task Manager with just Edge & Task open, it shows to be consuming more than 70% of system RAM, even more confusing is when you look at the amount of memory in each application does not add up to filling more than 5GB of system memory.

Any ideas TPU?
Screenshot (2).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    213.8 KB · Views: 499
Your non-paged pool is ~900MB and that's counted towards your in use RAM as well.

Adding up the "memory" column in task manager/resource monitor never gets you the amount of RAM that's listed as "in use". It's not necessarily meant to.

You can use RAMMap if you want a deeper look and what is using what memory.

I'm wondering what's reserving 830 MB on the hardware level though. Integrated graphics? Modern versions of Windows alone can routinely push 3 GB to 5 GB by itself. 8 GB isn't a lot these days, and while I don't want to judge this based on a few pictures, you do appear like you'd benefit from more RAM based on what's showing.