• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lenovo Names Dr. Tolga Kurtoglu as New Chief Technology Officer

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Lenovo, the global technology powerhouse, today announced the appointment of Dr. Tolga Kurtoglu as the group's new Chief Technology Officer, succeeding Dr. Yong Rui in further accelerating the Group's technology vision and AI leadership.

In addition, Lenovo has announced the formation of a new Emerging Technology Group that will be charged with anticipating emerging trends in technology and turning them into future business growth opportunities. Dr. Yong Rui, who has led Lenovo's research as CTO for the past seven years, becomes President of the Emerging Technology Group.

Dr. Kurtoglu, renowned for his groundbreaking work in the IT industry, brings a wealth of experience from leading roles within the IT industry, including CTO of HP Inc. and Global Head of HP Labs, CEO of Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, and lead for the product development group at Dell. He holds numerous patents and has published multiple papers in the fields of automation and machine intelligence, computational design, systems engineering, and 3D/digital manufacturing.

Commenting on Dr. Kurtoglu's appointment, Yuanqing Yang, Chairman and CEO of Lenovo, said, "As we embrace the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in AI, I'm pleased to welcome Tolga to Lenovo to help us further realize our ambitions as a global technology powerhouse and drive our AI leadership forward. His experience across hardware, software, and AI technologies will further strengthen our innovation leadership and smarter AI for All focus."

Dr. Kurtoglu added: "I've long admired Lenovo from afar for its bold commitment to innovation. At a time when all consumers and companies are seizing the potential of AI, I'm looking forward to working with research teams around the world to further accelerate the development of Lenovo's portfolio and deliver powerful, flexible, and responsible AI solutions that transform industries and empower individuals."

Dr. Rui added: "This is a pivotal time for the technology industry, with so many new transformative and emerging technologies that will change how we live, work, and do business. I've been passionate about incubating and commercializing new technologies throughout my career, and I'm excited to lead Lenovo's new Emerging Technology Group."

Dr. Kurtoglu will lead Lenovo's Research team, spearhead its innovation ecosystem, ensure alignment between the Group's technological vision and overall business objectives, and serve as a member on the Lenovo Executive Committee, the leadership team at Lenovo.

CEO Yuanqing Yang will showcase and share more about Lenovo's innovation vision and strategy and its focus on Smarter AI for All at Lenovo Tech World'24 on October 15, 2024.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name "Icy Resurrection"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.4V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth STL-03
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
Ugh! Even appointing boomers to C-level executive suites now need the "AI" garbage emblazoned all over it

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
Erm, they build computers from off-the-shelf parts... Overstating their own self-importance quite a bit there!

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: RX-7878
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E GAMING PLUS
Cooling AM5 Contact Frame + Thermalright PS120SE
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000 CL32-38-38-96
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT Gaming OC 16GB
Storage WD SN770 1TB (Boot)| 2x 2TB WD SN770 (Gaming)| 2x 2TB Crucial BX500| 2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White) {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 80+ GOLD
Mouse Logitech G502 X
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Erm, they build computers from off-the-shelf parts... Overstating their own self-importance quite a bit there!

You do know Lenovo does more than just computers right?