• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LibreHardwareMonitor replacing OpenHardwareMonitor

Watched a video from JayzTwoCents where he reviewed and critiqued a newer utility I didn't know existed and am VERY excited for!
LibreHardwareMonitor

This project seemingly picks up where OpenHardwareMonitor(a utility I have been using) left off several years ago.
Fully updated for recent hardware and expands on OHM in many important ways.
Jay had some design ideas, one of which I agree with, but I'm otherwise happy!

@PhyxionNL and all of the recent contributors
Thank you for picking this project up and taking it to the next level! Very cool indeed!
My suggestion? Add a Paypal donation link to your Github page.

@JayzTwoCents
Thanks for reviewing this utility! You're guys rock, as usual!

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6400CL32┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
certainly looks better than HWMonitor, but everything jay raves about has been available from HWInfo for years now. So on-brand for jay

I guess there is a benefit as a content creator as LHM is completely open source so he doesn't have to worry about anything. But .csv logging or any of the useful functions have never cost money on HWInfo either

Gave it a spin and like everything that has come before, it does not stack up to HWInfo in the modern sensor readouts that we actually want to see these days. Even just looking at CPU sensors. GPU is alright but more of the same story.

Seems to use the same icon as OpenHardwareMonitor that I used to use back in the day.

librehardwaremonitor vs hwinfo.png