• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

System Name Soo-Fancy
Processor Intel Core i-5-4690K @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Ultra Durable Black Edition
Memory 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX AMD RX 480 8GB 1338Mhz Black Edition
Storage Samsung 840 Pro
Display(s) 2 x ASUS MS238H 23" Widescreen HD Slim Backlit LED
Case CoolerMaster Mastercase Pro
Power Supply EVGA Superova 850 watt Platinum
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Cooler Master CK530
Software Windows Home 10, 64 bit
I have really broken my network. I renamed these two machines, which was the beginning of all this, I wanted a naming scheme that matched. "logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer" any ideas on what I can do do resolve that? It's an error on the windows 10 machine hosting the HomeGroup, trying to access the windows 7 laptop (which is on the HomeGroup). It works flawlessly in the opposite direction (laptop to homegroup hosting pc). It worked fine before I renamed the machines and then went digging around trying to "clean it up a bit" (I had folders listed as being shared twice and stuff like that). All the machines on the network/homegroup are logged into the homegroup, all display the homegroup grouping and network home/private grouping, and they all work all ways except the homegroup hosting windows 10 machine not accessing the windows 7 laptop. I feel like it may be something that's windows 7 specific that I'm missing. The other windows 10 machine is able access the laptop fine. I've tried disabling the firewall in the laptop and it made no difference. I've run the windows homegroup diagnostics both ways, the windows 10 pc says everything's correct the laptop just isn't responding, the laptop's diagnostic says the firewall is misconfigured (but yet turning it off doesn't solve the problem). All shared folders are set to share with HomeUsers only. All have full permissions set. I'm baffled. These two machines are just not playing nicely anymore. Help?