• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI RX 560 AERO ITX 4gb OC problem (bios?)

Armbambido84

hi, i bought MSI RX 560 AERO ITX 4gb OC but they give me problems:
it is not recognized correctly by the drivers, with the message that i attach in the photo, the resolution is not over 1080p.
i tried to:
- reinstall the drivers with ddu and download them both manually (choosing the model on the AMD site) and automatically.
- flash bios that i found online (in some cases from black screen others the same situation).

i have no idea what to do to make it work correctly or what the problem could be.
advice? has anyone had the same problem?

Attachments

• Immagine 2024-07-31 125301.png
    Immagine 2024-07-31 125301.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 7
System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
hi, i bought MSI RX 560 AERO ITX 4gb OC but they give me problems:
it is not recognized correctly by the drivers, with the message that i attach in the photo, the resolution is not over 1080p.
i tried to:
- reinstall the drivers with ddu and download them both manually (choosing the model on the AMD site) and automatically.
- flash bios that i found online (in some cases from black screen others the same situation).

i have no idea what to do to make it work correctly or what the problem could be.
advice? has anyone had the same problem?
Flashing randomly a MSI vbios is a bad idea since those vbios are more or less bound to their serial number range.

Did you disable automatic driver installation and use DDU to remove driver remains?

Armbambido84

first of all thanks for your interest.
I flashed 3 bios:
one of the same card found in the techpowerup archive
one of an amd reference always from techpowerup
and one found on the corresponding msi forum.
the amd reference one gives a black screen, the others give a screen but work partially (as per attachment)

I used ddu in safe mode every time I installed the drivers, I tried recent drivers (minimal and larger, more recent and older).

I contacted MSI and I'm waiting for them to send me an official bios (maybe).

Any ideas?