• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Stealth GS65 9SF settings after repaste

st0rm

Hello,
I just repasted my MSI Stealth GS65 9SF with honeywell ptm 7950.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 6GB
GPU2: Intel UHD 630
RAM: 16GB

I decided to reset my ThrottleStop settings, and I still have a few questions:

1) From what I heard ptm 7950 takes a few days of use (heat cycles) to set in. Should I do that first or am I fine just undervolting from the get-go ?

1.1) Any stress test program reccomendations for the heat cycles if its something I should do ?

2) How to setup TPL and Turbo Ratio Limits ? I kind of understand the purpose of TPL, but since the setup video there are new options.

3) I mostly have followed the video, but could you check if the settings are "ok" ?

(Core and Cache are the same)

1714203090570.png
Thanks.

1714203033964.png

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I would just leave the turbo ratios at their default values. You cannot overclock a 9750H so there is no need to change the turbo ratios.

Try running the TS Bench 960M test. If this test reports any errors, stop this test immediately. Very few computers with 9750H processors are 100% stable at a cache voltage setting of -160 mV. If you see any errors or your computer crashes during this test, that means your cache needs more voltage.

Core and Cache are the same
The core and cache offset voltages do not need to be set to the same value. Try running a consistent test like Cinebench. Many 9750H owners get their best results by setting the core to a larger undervolt compared to the cache.

Start by setting the core and cache to the same value. Run the TS Bench to make sure there are no errors. Run Cinebench for a baseline score. Try increasing only the core offset and see if your Cinebench scores or temperatures improve. After that if you are Cinebench stable but not game stable, add some voltage until you are 100% stable. That is the best way to adjust a 9750H.

Typical voltage settings for a 9750H are -125 mV for the cache and -175 mV for the core. It is possible that you can reduce your cache voltage more than the typical amount. Any errors or crashes during any stress test is a good sign that the core or cache needs more voltage.

Post a screenshot if you have questions about the TPL window. Checking the MMIO Lock box in the TPL window is a good idea.