• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My basic PC Hi-Fi setup, any recommendations?

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros Elite AX V2
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE White
Memory TeamGroup T-Force Delta RGB 32GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon Rx 6800
Storage Fanxiang S660 1TB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 1TB, BraveEagle 240GB SSD, 2TB Seagate HDD
Case Corsair 4000D White
Power Supply Corsair RM750x SHIFT
Just trialling amazon music as I have finally sorted out my PC audio, currently have Roxel RBS-300 BK Bookshelf Speaker passive speakers powered by This small semi-DIY board TPA3116D2 AMP Also own AKG 702 headphones which when used with the TPA3116D2 AMP it doesn't drive them very well even with the volume at 100%, even plugging into the motherboards audio doesn't drive them very well and is not conveniant having to constantly swap between speaker/headphone input, so I finally also bought a YGiTK 4 Channel Headphone Amplifier and now I have that connected to the motherboard audio with the headphones connected to Channel 1 and a line out from the Speaker amp is plugged into Channel 2, so now I can just mute either channel depending if I want to listen to headphones or speakers, no issues swapping out cables or any other messing around and it drives the 702's much better, I can get a lot more volume out of them with this setup and my speakers are still powered sufficiently, any audio guys out there with any tips/recommendations regarding my setup? I think at this point my weakest spot is likely the onboard audio on the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX v2 which afaik is a Relatek ALC 1200 codec, I have done a basic schematic of my setup in paint, hopefully it makes sense and is correct...

Speakers
Speaker AMP
Headphone AMP
AKG 702
Audio.png

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
Unless you are one of those lucky people who find the sound they want by chance. Doesn't seem to be the case.
Aquiring a matching USB DAC and amp/hp in one or two boxes will be a good step forwards.
Important part is they are all tuned to work together.
From there on out software is probably going to be your primary focus.
EQ'ing headphones and playback software.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros Elite AX V2
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE White
Memory TeamGroup T-Force Delta RGB 32GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon Rx 6800
Storage Fanxiang S660 1TB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 1TB, BraveEagle 240GB SSD, 2TB Seagate HDD
Case Corsair 4000D White
Power Supply Corsair RM750x SHIFT
Unless you are one of those lucky people who find the sound they want by chance. Doesn't seem to be the case.
Aquiring a matching USB DAC and amp/hp in one or two boxes will be a good step forwards.
Important part is they are all tuned to work together.
From there on out software is probably going to be your primary focus.
EQ'ing headphones and playback software.
I know it's not audiophile quality compnents I have, that would be nice of I had a bottomless pit of money to squander, alas t'is no the case, though the speakers and headphones are definitely of decent quality to most people, I just want to get the best out of what I have, as it stands now this is the best I have been able to do after going from shitty USB powered desktop speakers and a cheap pair of Sony headphones, music quality, clarity is so much better, tell me more about a USB DAC and AMP as although I'm striving to quality, I don't know how that would differ/improve the setup I have atm, honest question though not knocking your suggestion! :toast:

Also I tend to not run any software/EQ etc as I want a clean original listening experience, hence trialling Amazon Music as most of their stuff AFAIK is HQ/FLAC, I could tweek it before using EQ and Equalizer APO to boost gain for my headphones etc though it's not the same and definitely introduces and artificial layer which isn't what I'm going for.