• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My framerate is locked to 140fps and never drops but my G-Sync compatible monitor OSD is showing my monitors HZ drop below that ? RTX 3090

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbk_3

In Warzone my LG 27GN850b’s refresh rate in the monitors OSB will drop to the low 100s even though my framerate is locked to a rock solid 140fps and my frametimes are perfectly smooth as well. It doesn’t feel smooth to me despite a perfect framerate and frametimes.
11255AEB-0F7A-470E-B161-6388DA552B13.png

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
Your framerate counter in-game is not accurate enough to account for millisecond variability.

Or, simply put: its inaccurate and you're not always getting the exact FPS you see. This relates to frameimes, latency... the works. You can rest assured that if you're seeing 137hz, you have 137 refreshes and frames served to you, and it varies because game loads vary.

My advice; turn off Gsync adaptive sync... because you don't need it. You've locked your framerate and you have over 100 FPS. Just run at maximum refresh and lock the framerate for comfort.
Gsync/VRR can add latency.

Also double check your Vsync settings (global ones) in control panel for your GPU. Turn it all off and run a lock. A half decent VRR monitor can already produce mostly tear-free content that way.

Another option you can try is uncapped FPS (no lock) and using Fast Sync (for Nv cards, under Vertical Sync options in NVCP). It will remove tearing and is low-latency impact Vsync.

Last edited:

Rbk_3

Your framerate counter in-game is not accurate enough to account for millisecond variability.

Or, simply put: its inaccurate and you're not always getting the exact FPS you see. This relates to frameimes, latency... the works. You can rest assured that if you're seeing 137hz, you have 137 refreshes and frames served to you, and it varies because game loads vary.

My advice; turn off Gsync adaptive sync... because you don't need it. You've locked your framerate and you have over 100 FPS. Just run at maximum refresh and lock the framerate for comfort.
Gsync/VRR can add latency.

Also double check your Vsync settings (global ones) in control panel for your GPU. Turn it all off and run a lock. A half decent VRR monitor can already produce mostly tear-free content that way.

I am using MSI Afterburner an RTSS to measure frametime and framerate, even if I up the time between readings to the max it doesn’t waiver from 140.
I also wonder if something is up with my setup cause it looks awful with no gsync. Looks stuttery and so much tearing even at 200fps

Processor 7800X3D
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Mouse XTRFY M42
And Im telling you that Afterburner/RTSS cannot measure accurately enough so you can stare at those numbers all day but it won't change a thing ;)

Yes something is up with your setup, you are probably using the wrong combination of settings. Try the advice above. I have a lot of patience, but it runs out fast :) You came here for advice, right?

Fast Sync should kill tearing for you. What it MIGHT do, is the occasional stutter but it will be one every odd minute or so, briefly, instead of all the time. If that doesn't fix we need to dive deeper.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
Use only 1 framerate limiter, either:
_In-game limiter
_Max FPS in NVCP (nvidia control panel)
_RTSS

if you use RTSS, check if you have Max FPS in NVCP ON or framerate limiter in game.
Warzone doesn't like V-Sync option so turn it off. Other games work fine with G-sync + V-sync but not Warzone.

Rbk_3

And Im telling you that Afterburner/RTSS cannot measure accurately enough so you can stare at those numbers all day but it won't change a thing ;)

Yes something is up with your setup, you are probably using the wrong combination of settings. Try the advice above. I have a lot of patience, but it runs out fast :) You came here for advice, right?

Fast Sync should kill tearing for you. What it MIGHT do, is the occasional stutter but it will be one every odd minute or so, briefly, instead of all the time. If that doesn't fix we need to dive deeper.

i was running vsync in NVCP as it needs to be on with Gsync in Warzone or you still get tears at the bottom of the screen. Tried with just fast sync and it is better than no sync at all but I am just not a fan of no gsync.

I never had issues with my 2070S and gsync with this game so perhaps it is a driver issue? I am going to try Gsync with fast sync and see how that goes now.

Use only 1 framerate limiter, either:
_In-game limiter
_Max FPS in NVCP (nvidia control panel)
_RTSS

if you use RTSS, check if you have Max FPS in NVCP ON or framerate limiter in game.
Warzone doesn't like V-Sync option so turn it off. Other games work fine with G-sync + V-sync but not Warzone.

Warzone needs Vsync on or I still get very noticeable horizontal tearing at the bottom of the screen. This wasn’t an issue on my 2070S it is just since I got a 3090.

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
i was running vsync in NVCP as it needs to be on with Gsync in Warzone or you still get tears at the bottom of the screen. Tried with just fast sync and it is better than no sync at all but I am just not a fan of no gsync.

I never had issues with my 2070S and gsync with this game so perhaps it is a driver issue? I am going to try Gsync with fast sync and see how that goes now.

Warzone needs Vsync on or I still get very noticeable horizontal tearing at the bottom of the screen. This wasn’t an issue on my 2070S it is just since I got a 3090.

Fast Sync is made for uncapped (or way above monitor refresh) framerates. At that point it gets better and better as it can always cache a frame for you to avoid a tear if you have an FPS fluctuation. That is also why it can stutter a little when you're not super high on FPS.

Ergo, it and Gsync together will likely be counterproductive.

Might just be a game related issue you know, the GPU is new so it hasn't got the driver support Turing had, especially for one specific title that can really make itself known. Gsync is not flawless either. The key point being that Gsync is best for lower end FPS than it is for anything above 100 FPS. Basically you've gotten used to something that isn't directly built for the use case.

Rbk_3

Fast Sync is made for uncapped (or way above monitor refresh) framerates. At that point it gets better and better as it can always cache a frame for you to avoid a tear if you have an FPS fluctuation. That is also why it can stutter a little when you're not super high on FPS.

Ergo, it and Gsync together will likely be counterproductive.

Might just be a game related issue you know, the GPU is new so it hasn't got the driver support Turing had, especially for one specific title that can really make itself known. Gsync is not flawless either. The key point being that Gsync is best for lower end FPS than it is for anything above 100 FPS. Basically you've gotten used to something that isn't directly built for the use case.

Here is a video with my framerate capped to 120. Using in game limiter. You can see my monitor refresh rate jumping around from 114 to 130hz.

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
I can see it yeah. But why is adaptive sync on when you are running a fixed framerate? Or did you do this just to illustrate? I can imagine adaptive sync is averaging the FPS across a period of time and ends up alternating between 114-130, because the numbers are 'around 120' and if you add enough of those variations up, you can still average 120 ;) In other words, frame cap may disrupt it. Its also well possible that your actual FPS is not 120, its just what the game says it should be. Might very well fluctuate a little or deviate from the actual number. (If you want evidence of that, check out Unigine Valley FPS counter alongside the RTSS one. Good fun! The clockspeeds too. They're always off)

Perhaps your monitor can use a firmware update or there is a known error with it? Seems very much like a monitor/settings issue, that, OTOH its not really common to use that combo of settings. Like you say, we tend to force Vsync with a Gsync mode, because that way Gsync can take control of the buffer. It is then vital you don't use anything on top of that to control framerate or refresh rate.

So far I can't rule the monitor out. If you've tried different combinations and nothing is pleasant or stable in monitor refresh rate, something is amiss. But to verify that, you need to repeat your tests in another game. One game cannot tell you anything about the monitor and @nguyen pointed out its a game specific thing.

One thing I'm seeing with your analysis... you jump from one place to another. Now you're doing framerate caps with an ingame limiter, but that is the worst possible solution for accuracy.

Try to always approach things in layers because that is how PCs work.
- Layer 1 (closest to metal): Nvidia Control Panel, these are basically hardware toggles.
- Layer 2 (closest to OS): RTSS on screen display/Afterburner. Still software though that reads out sensor data and sends GPU commands, so has timing/latency impact (you're looking at what has been).
- Layer 3 (closest to application): in-game settings.

If you force things in a lower layer, it will apply to all higher layers. But, higher layers can still interfere with the pipeline. Example: You set Vsync in NVCP, but then cap the FPS to 25 in RTSS or in the game. The FPS cap will kick in before Vsync can do the work, but Vsync is still clogging up your buffer.

So, try to always work in/from a single layer, the lowest one possible. If you FPS cap, you can now even do it in NVCP, so do it there and don't touch anything in RTSS or the game. If you Vsync in NVCP, you keep all Vsync in game OFF. You are trying to find the culprit here within the millisecond: work with similar precision. Every tiny hiccup will screw with your frametimes.

Also, a general note about watching FPS counters, performance and especially crushing stuttery experiences... your mind will screw with you bigtime and it can become hard to unsee something you've put into it. At that point... take a break, try to set your mind to something else, come back to it and then just start gaming, try to forget it and analyze what you've just done. Was it truly a bad experience? Or is this a mountain out of a mole hill? This is also why you really need to start focusing on OTHER games. Warzone is just a random shooter don't make it bigger than that. Can't expect everything to run perfect.

Thing is the general smoothness of your gameplay evne in that video with all the fluctuation of refresh seems buttery. Its fine and that number really is just a number, perhaps.

Last edited:

Rbk_3

I can see it yeah. But why is adaptive sync on when you are running a fixed framerate? Or did you do this just to illustrate? I can imagine adaptive sync is averaging the FPS across a period of time and ends up alternating between 114-130, because the numbers are 'around 120' and if you add enough of those variations up, you can still average 120 ;) In other words, frame cap may disrupt it.

Perhaps your monitor can use a firmware update or there is a known error with it? Seems very much like a monitor issue, that, OTOH its not really common to use that combo of settings. Like you say, we tend to force Vsync with a Gsync mode, because that way Gsync can take control of the buffer.

So far I can't rule the monitor out. If you've tried different combinations and nothing is pleasant or stable in monitor refresh rate, something is amiss. But to verify that, you need to repeat your tests in another game. One game cannot tell you anything about the monitor and @nguyen pointed out its a game specific thing.

I run at 140 fps capped typically with gsync and vsync on. 144hz -4 frames as recommended by Blurbusters and BattleNonsense. I just did this at 120 to better illustrate what is happening as when I have it locked to 140 my monitor refresh rate doesn’t go above 144.
I don’t think it is my monitor, I also have an LG C9 and while it can’t display the tv current refresh rate, it also doesn’t feel smooth.

I just confirmed it does the same thing with RDR2. Framerate capped at 65fps and my hz fluctuates between 53 and 88fps. RTSS updating the framerate and frametime every 100ms

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
I run at 140 fps capped typically with gsync and vsync on. 144hz -4 frames as recommended by Blurbusters and BattleNonsense. I just did this at 120 to better illustrate what is happening as when I have it locked to 140 my monitor refresh rate doesn’t go above 144.
I don’t think it is my monitor, I also have an LG C9 and while it can’t display the tv current refresh rate, it also doesn’t feel smooth.

I just confirmed it does the same thing with RDR2. Framerate capped at 65fps and my hz fluctuates between 53 and 88fps. RTSS updating the framerate and frametime every 100ms

Okay wtf. 140 is not Vsync On, its a framerate cap.

What you are doing is creating your own problem. Use normal settings as I described. Anything that is left is up to the game Warzone. Any weird cocktail of settings you use to fix that is entirely your own choice. Blurbusters is focusing on specific things, not necessarily what you would prefer in a game.

There is more than the Counterstrike/ESports reality in gaming.

I can imagine these settings will also screw up other games.

Maybe you should try this one though. I had good luck with that.
The common monitors bit. Not the Gsync. The framerate limit is set to a fraction below refresh rate. Not a whopping 4 Hz. Still won't be as buttery as 100% tear free, but still. Good choice of evils.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 7800x3D
Motherboard x670e Asus Crosshair Hero
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 2x32 Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
So basically, OP is driving a vehicle that can do between 0 and 100, but fixes it to only go at 50 and complains that it doesn't go higher? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Hey, OP, turn off your fixed refresh if you're going to use gsync or vice versa. Also try using only one of either gsync or vsync.

• Haha
Reactions: Rei

Rbk_3

So basically, OP is driving a vehicle that can do between 0 and 100, but fixes it to only go at 50 and complains that it doesn't go higher? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Hey, OP, turn off your fixed refresh if you're going to use gsync or vice versa. Also try using only one of either gsync or vsync.

That isn’t what I am complaining about at all. I am complaining about my games not being smooth on a 3090 as they were on a 2070. I do not want to play with out gsync. I am using the same exact gsync settings that are recommended that I have always used. 100fps on my 2070 felt better than 140 on my 3090.

I am doing exactly what is recommended and what I have always done that has always worked until I got this card.

Okay wtf. 140 is not Vsync On, its a framerate cap.

What you are doing is creating your own problem. Use normal settings as I described. Anything that is left is up to the game Warzone. Any weird cocktail of settings you use to fix that is entirely your own choice. Blurbusters is focusing on specific things, not necessarily what you would prefer in a game.

There is more than the Counterstrike/ESports reality in gaming.

I can imagine these settings will also screw up other games.

Maybe you should try this one though. I had good luck with that.
The common monitors bit. Not the Gsync. The framerate limit is set to a fraction below refresh rate. Not a whopping 4 Hz. Still won't be as buttery as 100% tear free, but still. Good choice of evils.
See post above. These are settings I have always used and it has always been great. It was just an issue since I sold my 2070S and got this 3090. Jacob from EVGA already confirmed it isn’t normal on Twitter. I am just upset I spent $2000+ and am having a worse experience than I was before

Last edited:

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 7800x3D
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
That isn’t what I am complaining about at all. I am complaining about my games not being smooth on a 3090 as they were on a 2070. I do not want to play with out gsync. I am using the same exact gsync settings that are recommended that I have always used. 100fps on my 2070 felt better than 140 on my 3090.

I am doing exactly what is recommended and what I have always done that has always worked until I got this card.

See post above. These are settings I have always used and it has always been great. It was just an issue since I sold my 2070S and got this 3090. Jacob from EVGA already confirmed it isn’t normal on Twitter.
Have you attempted keeping the fixed framerate off? I would flip it all back to stock and go one step at a time.

Reactions: Rei
System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I run at 140 fps capped typically with gsync and vsync on. 144hz -4 frames as recommended by Blurbusters

Well their advice is really stupid and almost nonsensical. You are not the first one that I've seen on here with similar problems after following their tutorial.

For one thing V-sync and G-sync go at odds with each other because one seeks to synchronize the refresh rate to a fixed value and force the GPU to output frames at constant intervals and the other is supposed to let the refresh rate vary according to the uncapped output from the GPU.

Here's what's happening : If you have both V-sync and G-sync and a frame limit below the refresh rate of your monitor when the game runs below the limit G-sync becomes active, when it's reaching the frame limit it's disengaged and V-sync becomes active and you'll get input lag, since your game probably always runs above 140 FPS it's always running as if V-sync is on.

This usually works well when you don't have a frame limit active other than your refresh rate and when the game spends most of it's time below the refresh rate, I suggest you either remove the limit or disable V-sync.

Last edited:

Rbk_3

Have you attempted keeping the fixed framerate off? I would flip it all back to stock and go one step at a time.

As in my framerate cap?
Well their advice is really stupid and almost nonsensical. You are not the first one that I've seen on here with similar problems after following their tutorial.

For one thing V-sync and G-sync go at odds with each other because one seeks to synchronize the refresh rate to a fixed value and force the GPU to output frames at constant intervals and the other is supposed to let the refresh rate vary according to the uncapped output from the GPU.

Here's what's happening : If you have both V-sync and G-sync and a frame limit below the refresh rate of your monitor when the game runs below the limit G-sync becomes active, when it's reaching the frame limit it's disengaged and V-sync becomes active and you'll get input lag, since your game probably always runs above 140 FPS so it's always running as if V-sync is on.

This usually works well when you don't have a frame limit active other than your refresh rate and when the game spends most of it's time below the refresh rate, I suggest you either remove the limit or disable V-sync.

I appreciate you trying to help me, but I don’t think you are as well versed on the subject of gsync as you think you are. You are sprouting of a bunch of myths. It used to be that you couldn’t even have gsync on with out vsync enabled. They only made that an option because I’ll informed people thought it increased input lag, which it doesn’t as long as it doesn’t go above the displays refresh rate. Gsync and Vsync work with eachother, not against each other. It helps prevent horizontal tearing along with gsync within the gsync range. If you cap it, it never goes out of gsync range into vsync range.

Also, Blurbusters is the most reputable source for all things gsync so to call then nonsensical is ridiculous.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 7800x3D
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Why not give what Vya is suggesting a try before shooting back? Everything is trial and error and you're the one requesting help. I'd remove the frame cap firstly and see how that goes.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I appreciate you trying to help me, but I don’t think you are as well versed on the subject of gsync as you think you are. You are sprouting of a bunch of myths. It used to be that you couldn’t even have gsync on with out vsync enabled. They only made that an option because I’ll informed people thought it increased input lag, which it doesn’t as long as it doesn’t go above the displays refresh rate. Gsync and Vsync work with eachother, not against each other. It helps prevent horizontal tearing along with gsync within the gsync range. If you cap it, it never goes out of gsync range into vsync range.

Also, Blurbusters is the most reputable source for all things gsync so to call then nonsensical is ridiculous.
k

Clearly their advice is great and you have no issues whatsoever.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MEG ACE
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 8x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB TeamGroup T-Create Expert DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Audio-Technica ATH-R70X
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper, Logitech G600
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
I second what Vya is suggesting. As someone who does run G-Sync and V-Sync (Fast), I do not limit my frame rate at all. I would definitely start there.

Another thing you can look at is the Low Latency Mode. I currently keep mine at Ultra as it is recommended when both G-Sync and V-Sync are being used.

Rbk_3

k

Clearly their advice is great and you have no issues whatsoever.

Their advice isn’t the problem. It is an issue with my card or the drivers.

I second what Vya is suggesting. As someone who does run G-Sync and V-Sync (Fast), I do not limit my frame rate at all. I would definitely start there.

Another thing you can look at is the Low Latency Mode. I currently keep mine at Ultra as it is recommended when both G-Sync and V-Sync are being used.

Low Latency mode unfortunately doesn’t work with DX12 games, and only works in other games when GPU usage is the cause for input lag which isn’t really the issue in my case. COD does have Nvidia Reflex however which works a lot like Low Latency mode but turning that on causes other issues unfortunately

Processor i7 13700KF
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Software win11
Their advice isn’t the problem. It is an issue with my card or the drivers.
Low Latency mode unfortunately doesn’t work with DX12 games, and only works in other games when GPU usage is the cause for input lag which isn’t really the issue in my case. COD does have Nvidia Reflex however which works a lot like Low Latency mode but turning that on causes other issues unfortunately

What CPU and RAM do you have ? Warzone is quite demanding in CPU so faster GPU might not allows you higher FPS.

Try other games to see if you have stuttering issue, if only Warzone has it then the quickest way is deleting the config file.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.

That custom stuff is the cause of your problem, get rid of it. That wont work on every display, GPU and setup out there.

FPS cap: Obvious, caps FPS only. Can prevent tearing like Vsync on, but without the added latency when FPS dips.
Vsync on: stops tearing above refresh rate. Adds latency below refresh rate. Also an FPS cap.
Gsync/VRR/Adaptive sync: Matches Refresh rate to frame rate, lowest latency. Doesn't stop tearing on its own.
(LFC/Low frame compensation also doubles your refresh rate at times, so 24FPS doesnt equal 24Hz, it equals 48Hz. best part of modern VRR monitors)

My advice is: Cap FPS 2 below your max refresh rate, turn Gsync/Freesync on, be happy. If that doesnt run smooth, disable your VRR solution... it may not work for your hardware or software. Try not to mix and match all these different solutions together, combinations of the above is going to introduce issues... i use Nvidias frame rate limiter.

Rbk_3

What CPU and RAM do you have ? Warzone is quite demanding in CPU so faster GPU might not allows you higher FPS.

Try other games to see if you have stuttering issue, if only Warzone has it then the quickest way is deleting the config file.

i have a 9900ks and 32gb of 3400 CL16

Processor i7 13700KF
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Software win11
i have a 9900ks and 32gb of 3400 CL16

Did you try the VRAM fix in Warzone when you had the 2070 ? just delete the config file and let the game make a new one.

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
How many pages guys. We're repeating ourselves and the plank is thick.

I said it in my first response... if you don't want advice, GTFO

Guess my assumption was right all along eh. All the info is in the topic. Lots of options to try, but OP insists on doing weird tweaks. His loss. /thread

No. Blurbusters was created based on fast TN panels and the Counterstrike community. They have branched out since, and while they focus on the right things, its not a one size fits all website. You need to apply intelligence. It happens everywhere. Some niche figures something out, all is well, people with common sense catch on and spread the word, and then the crowd of idiots catches on and starts fucking it up. The so called mainstream, they call that. People who want it all with no effort and are incapable of coherent thought.

This topic is the perfect example. You can either get that memo or you can remain in the oblivious mainstream. Its the same thing with GPU BIOS updates. A select group gets it and uses it the right way and only if absolutely necessary, and then there's a can of n00bs who think it works like a driver update. Note my sig - its a necessary PSA.

We've provided solid background as to why we recommend what we do, and all you reply with is 'muh Blurbusters is right' :kookoo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.