• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need RTX 3060 6gb laptop gpu vbios Gigabyte A5 K1 laptop

CONNERTRON

Screenshot 2024-07-30 152144.png

izy

Why do you need a VBIOS for it?
Laptop VBIOS is integrated in laptop BIOS in general, so you will probably need to upgrade your BIOS.

CONNERTRON

because the uefi support is disabled so I can't get it to work with my laptop. I can't change the boot options to legacy with my bios version.

bios is on latest version too

izy

I think it boots with the integrated GPU from your CPU and you should have an option in bios to change it , do you have AHCI enabled?

izy

Here you can find a list but im not sure if it will help you , be careful not to brick it (i wouldnt recommend to flash anything), my laptop doesnt have UEFI on the dedicated NVIDIA GPU and it works with UEFI , as far as i know you dont need UEFI on the dedicated GPU.

Edit: You should have UEFI enabled on your iGPU , select the iGPU in GPU-Z and you will see, it should look something like this:

1722377666807.png

Last edited:
Processor i9 10900K
Motherboard ASUS Z590 E-Gaming
Cooling CPU AIO - EVGA Liquid cooled GPU - Air cooled
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3090 Ti Holoblack (NTK female pins in the cable that came with the GPU)
Storage Too many to list here !!!
Display(s) 32" Samsung 4K (Smart Monitor)
Case Obsidian 500D
Audio Device(s) Monitor - see above
Power Supply EVGA 1000 watt
Mouse EVGA X17
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Win 10
Not all laptops have the necessary firmware updates available to support UEFI. You should verify that your laptop's hardware is compatible with UEFI before making any changes. This may involve checking the manufacturer's website for information or updates related to UEFI support.

Don't go flashing firmware / vBIOS files that are not designed for your device, it could brick it.

Some laptop's have this feature and others don't (Alienware X17 R1 below does).

laptop.jpg