• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New cpu installed ftpm nv corrupted error after new CPU install Edit: Solved, thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4070 Super Trinity Black
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro
Upgraded my CPU but received this error during boot:

20221019_172503.jpg

New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed.

Updated my motherboard BIOS last night (worked fine, booted fine), popped in the new CPU today. This is the 3rd CPU upgrade on this PC (1600 to 2700x to 3700x to new 5700x) and I've never seen this issue before. OS is Win 10 Pro. Motherboard is AS Rock X370 Killer SLI/AC. Current BIOS is 7.10. Motherboard:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/x370 killer sliac/index.asp#BIOS

Before updating the BIOS I checked to see if Bitlocker was enabled within Win 10, and it showed it was not enabled.

Before updating the BIOS, I checked fTPM settings that I could find within the BIOS. I found AMD fTPM Switch which was disabled.

Old BIOS settings which I assume meant fTPM was disabled:
20221018_223616 - Copy.jpg

I can boot into the BIOS settings, but I just clicked exit without saving.

So I am wondering how I should proceed and what exactly is happening here? Perhaps the new BIOS enabled some fTPM setting after I upgraded, but I recall checking that beforehand and everything that looked like it was related to fTPM was disabled. I do have the old CPU that I can put back in, but would like to solve this so I can use the new 5700X.

Edit: Figured out the issue. Went into BIOS, Advanced, Trusted Computing, Security Device Support - Disable.

Booted into Windows just fine now. Going to close this thread if possible but leave it up in case someone else the same issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.