• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Nvidia app dependency?

Jayg17

Hi this is my first time here, been using NVCI for a very long time, started having a little freeze at first boot since updating to more recent new Nvidia drivers, It happened when opening Discord and OMM from logitech, so obviusly I thought those programs were at fault, did everything and nothing happened, started suspecting on drivers after a long investigation and trying a bunch of stuff, noticed that when I installed the drivers with the Nvidia Beta App the freezes stopped. Tried debloat them myself thinking it was NVCI fault, but same thing, after a very long trial and error I can finally confirm that if the Nvidia Beta App is installed it solves my issue, and when not it always has just a little freeze at first boot, I know is not really a big thing but it drives me crazy and I don't really want to have that app against my will, at least not until it fully replaces the control panel, if it ever does. So I came back to NVCI drivers with the Nvidia app and it was working fine, but if I go back to any driver before february of this year the freezes are non existing when the app is not installed, so i'm pretty sure that there must be a new dependency to the app on any new driver since the app got released back in february, I hope there is a way that you can get rid of it on an update maybe? so annoying.