• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nvidia 3070 black screen and error code 43

inferno975

nvidia 3070 black screen after being recognized by the system​

Hi, I’d so appreciate any help, I am totally lost with my problem.
It turns out that in December I bought a new computer with the 3070. For 2/3 weeks everything worked fine but one day while I was playing the PC ishowed a black screen and rebooted and it no longer showed any image it always showed a black screen. I managed to fix it by doing a fresh install of Windows and everything went back to normal. After a month the problem reappeared but I have not been able to fix it again. I have tried to do a fresh install of windows again, update BIOS, check the connections of the whole PC, change the cable from Displayport to HDMI but all with no luck.
I can see the BIOS with no problem, the problem appears when loading Windows, at that point the screen turns into black. The only way I can use Windows is to do a fresh install and everything will work fine until I try to install any Nvidia driver of any version. In fact, I think the problem appears when Windows recognizes the graphics card because if I leave the system without an internet connection the screen continues to work and in the device manager it shows "Microsoft basic display adapter" as the display adapter. But if I try to install any Nvidia driver, or install the Geforce Experience or I search for Windows updates the screen goes black. And if I restart the PC it is still black, but the computer continues working the only thing that the screen does not show anything. In my last test, before trying to install drivers I installed a program to control the desktop remotely so that I can control the computer from another when the screen turns black. When using this program I have seen that in the device manager when the 3070 is recognized it shows a yellow symbol and the error code 43. I have also installed the GPU-z and I have seen that the BIOS of the gpu appears as "unknown " and many others options such as clock, memory size, memory type ... appear as "unknown" or with the value 0. I don't know if the issue is a Hardware problem or if it could be Software problem with something related to the GPU BIOS. I have already seen several people with this problem but I have not found any solution.

Sorry for my English.

Notes:
I have never done any overlock or anything like that for both the GPU and the CPU.
I have no more components to try to change, the other computer I use is a laptop.
I've never modify the GPU BIOS.

System specs:
Asus Tuf Gaming b550-plus wifi
CPU AMD Ryzen 3700x
16 gb RAM 3200 (I have tried with DOCP profile and without DOCP profile and nothing changes)
nvidia 3070 Gigabyte eagle OC version

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95

nvidia 3070 black screen after being recognized by the system​

Hi, I’d so appreciate any help, I am totally lost with my problem.
It turns out that in December I bought a new computer with the 3070. For 2/3 weeks everything worked fine but one day while I was playing the PC ishowed a black screen and rebooted and it no longer showed any image it always showed a black screen. I managed to fix it by doing a fresh install of Windows and everything went back to normal. After a month the problem reappeared but I have not been able to fix it again. I have tried to do a fresh install of windows again, update BIOS, check the connections of the whole PC, change the cable from Displayport to HDMI but all with no luck.
I can see the BIOS with no problem, the problem appears when loading Windows, at that point the screen turns into black. The only way I can use Windows is to do a fresh install and everything will work fine until I try to install any Nvidia driver of any version. In fact, I think the problem appears when Windows recognizes the graphics card because if I leave the system without an internet connection the screen continues to work and in the device manager it shows "Microsoft basic display adapter" as the display adapter. But if I try to install any Nvidia driver, or install the Geforce Experience or I search for Windows updates the screen goes black. And if I restart the PC it is still black, but the computer continues working the only thing that the screen does not show anything. In my last test, before trying to install drivers I installed a program to control the desktop remotely so that I can control the computer from another when the screen turns black. When using this program I have seen that in the device manager when the 3070 is recognized it shows a yellow symbol and the error code 43. I have also installed the GPU-z and I have seen that the BIOS of the gpu appears as "unknown " and many others options such as clock, memory size, memory type ... appear as "unknown" or with the value 0. I don't know if the issue is a Hardware problem or if it could be Software problem with something related to the GPU BIOS. I have already seen several people with this problem but I have not found any solution.

Sorry for my English.

Notes:
I have never done any overlock or anything like that for both the GPU and the CPU.
I have no more components to try to change, the other computer I use is a laptop.
I've never modify the GPU BIOS.

System specs:
Asus Tuf Gaming b550-plus wifi
CPU AMD Ryzen 3700x
16 gb RAM 3200 (I have tried with DOCP profile and without DOCP profile and nothing changes)
nvidia 3070 Gigabyte eagle OC version
Reads like the gpu is going bad or is defective. Do you have another gpu to test, ie confirm system w/o 3070 works w/o issue? And/or test 3070 in another system?

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Return it if it's new.

inferno975

Exact make and model of PSU?
A new Corsair RM750w.

Reads like the gpu is going bad or is defective. Do you have another gpu to test, ie confirm system w/o 3070 works w/o issue? And/or test 3070 in another system?
I don't have another GPU to test. But i can confirm that the system works because i can do things with the remote control desktop program but the thing is that i'm always getting a black screen when Windows recognises the graphic card.

System Name EventHorizon
Processor Intel® Core™ Processor i9-13900KF 8P/16 + 16E 3.00GHz [Turbo 5.7GHz] 36MB Cache LGA1700
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P
Cooling CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler
Memory 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5/6000MHz Dual Channel Memory (KINGSTON FURY BEAST RGB)
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB
Storage 2TB WD BLACK SN850X (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6600 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1200/110
Display(s) LG 34''
Case CyberPowerPC HYTE Y60 Dual Chamber Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Panoramic View Tempered Glass + 2x120mm
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix w/Alan Finote mod for Windows 11
Power Supply High Power 1300W 80+ GOLD Full Modular w/ PCIE 12+4Pins Connector for PCIe 5.0 graphics cards
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600 wired
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 TKL red Switch
Software Win 11 Pro

zstava

I have exactly the same problem with RTX 3090. Have you managed to solve it yet?

WolfyStudioTTV

Same problem here, I have a RTX 3070 Gigabyte.
I get a black screen after installing the drivers.
I get a black screen when starting Windows and have to go into safe mode to get a display.
However if I turn off the graphics card in safe mode and go back to Windows I see something. I have the famous error code 43 in the device manager

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
@morapp90

43 typically is a hardware fault for greencards.

Same problem here, I have a RTX 3070 Gigabyte.
I get a black screen after installing the drivers.
I get a black screen when starting Windows and have to go into safe mode to get a display.
However if I turn off the graphics card in safe mode and go back to Windows I see something. I have the famous error code 43 in the device manager

RMA if you can

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Yes I can because I received the computer yesterday
Return it due to not working, you got a defective part or system

Don't waste your time trying to find a solution when someone else built it, it is their responsibility to ensure it works from the get go, not yours

System Name CubanTechgeek
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi AX
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G-Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3600mhz Cl 16
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RX 6600XT OC
Storage nvme m.2 intel 660p 500gb, ssd kingston av 400 120gb, seagate barracuda 2tb,
Display(s) LG Ultragear 32GN550b
Case Phanteks enthoo pro 2 TG
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX850 Plus Gold Full Modular
Mouse Rosewill Fusion C41
Keyboard Rosewill Fusion C41
@morapp90

43 typically is a hardware fault for greencards.

RMA if you can
i stop the hate to AMD...... SORRY!!! :peace:the problems to me is ASROCK poor construction and cheap parts.....AMD dont have fault.... 2MB Asrock and now a GPU... i m not buy asrock again....AMD and I, we have toxic love.....