• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Old Case, New Life

soccerwave24

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II b50 x4 3.4 GHz
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066
Mobo: Gigabyte 790X UD4P
HDD: 1TB WD Black, 500GB WD Green, MyBook 500GB
VGA: HIS Radeon HD 4850
Watercooling: XSPC Rasa
Soundcard: Creative Xmod
Mouse: Madcatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse II
Gamepad: Belkin n52te
Monitors: Acer 22”LCD Monitor, AOC 32” LCD TV
Speakers: Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II

Mods:
This is an old Gateway case salvaged from being thrown out. It only had an 80mm intake and 2 80mm exhausts. The front panel was restructured to hold an Apevia LED 120mm fan. Cut a blowhole to hold a Vantec 92mm fan. Two Apevia LED fans were used as exhaust. Soldered UV leds onto the fans instead of those blue LEDs it comes with. Painted interior and exterior black / blue. Wired Power and Reset switches, and HDD indicator to front panel. Cut window in side panel. Added two UV cathodes. Changed clamps on tubing to metal spring clamps instead of plastic ones. Changed molex and 4 pin connectors from white to blue. Added Silverstone FP32B drive bay to provide USB ports to the front of the case.

Alot of time went into making this 10 year old case look great. Cable management is a big problem with this case because of the size. Cable sleeving and zip ties help keep things neat. I filled the case with UV light instead of LEDs since my last case was too bright. Now that the case is done, next upgrade will be the video card and replacing the stock fans on the radiator. Thanks for looking! I had to compress alot of the photos to get them on this site. Visit http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/soccerwave24/case%20mod/ for high resolution pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

bokou

System Name The Beast 2
Processor AMD Phenom II 965 OC'd: 3.9ghz
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 6970
Storage WDl 7200rpm 500gb
Display(s) Acer 21" LCD, Westinghouse 21" LCD
Case Coolermaster HAF932
Audio Device(s) On-board 7.1 SupremeFX
Power Supply Xion 800w Modular
Software Windows 7, Steam, BFBC2, TF2, Adobe CS5
Benchmark Scores 20k+ on 3dMark06, will have to look at exact number
pictures are terribad but it doesn't even look like an older gateway case.. nice job

soccerwave24

Thanks for the compliment! I had to compress the photos sadly because I did not know of the 2Mb restriction before hand. That is why I provided the link. I will try to re-upload better photos soon