• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

POWER Red warning in HP Pavilion Gaming 15

markwolf21

i have a very Low fps in most of games i got in gta v only a 40 to 20 fps .. its a cpu throttling its 800 mhz to 1100mhz maximum in games . but when i put my charger for first time it give full power and game works just fine for a minute and then it back to 800Mhz and low fps .. so whats the problem and how to fix it ?

my laptop specs :
GTX 1050Ti (4GB)
16GB Ram
Core i7-8750h

Charger is 120W , laptop is HP Pavilion gaming 15

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Check the MMIO Lock box near the top right corner of the TPL window.

Clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop.

Some laptops have sensors that fail and these failed sensors can trigger extreme power limit throttling. I do not think that ThrottleStop is going to be able to fix your power limit throttling problem. Your laptop is likely using an embedded controller (EC) to force feed ridiculous low ball turbo power limits to the CPU. ThrottleStop does not have access to the EC turbo power limits. Most manufacturers do not provide any publicly available documentation that explains what sensor might have failed or anything about EC power limits.

Try running a ThrottleStop Log File for at least 10 minutes with the suggested settings. Attach a log file to your next post.

markwolf21

Nothing works with it.
Maybe its the charger? It could be or not?

Note : "Battery sometimes dead without any clear reason"

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Battery sometimes dead without any clear reason
When the battery is fully charged, how long can you watch a YouTube video for or something simple like that when running on battery power? If the battery percentage drops in big steps then the battery is probably dead. It could be a bad charger that is no longer able to fully charge the battery.

Is it an HP OEM battery? Some generic batteries or generic chargers will not provide a signal to the computer so it might go into limp, low power mode. The excessive throttling issues you are having are almost always caused by either a dead battery or a non OEM charger. Batteries are far more likely to fail compared to chargers so I would replace the battery first.

markwolf21

Youtube videos it could last like 1.5 hour to 2 hours.
But if the fan works in anything, the battery draw very fast (even in power mode).
The charger is very fast in Charging the battery but sometimes it take alot of time between 92 or 99 and 100 to be fully charged.

And one more thing, i have noticed that in some games in its start (in loading page or only standing and not doing anything in the game) the power may reach 10 to 14 and the Core usage is 2200, and when i start moving the game (general games not specifically a game) the core stuck between 800Mz to 1100 Mhz

So what it could be?

markwolf21

Hi and sorry for delay to answer
Yes the battery is OEM
And thats the battery status

Attachments

• battery-report.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 19