• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ProArtist HF14 3000RPM 14030 LCP fan short look

(I am not paid or sent the fan for free, I just want to write about it)
Yes no, it isn't a ripoff of Asus's ProArt. ProArtist was founded by I believe a engineer who used to work at prolimatech (which itself was made of engineers from Thermalright)
I was curious to find out about it after many months of waiting and reading about it on China's... blog site? (smzdm)
IMG_20231116_032304.jpg

The fan blades are made from LCP, it's 14030 so its a rare product on its own right AND ITS AVAILABLE IN WHITE
Many reasons not to buy LCP bladed fans are that they are... costly.
Secondly, in black they are rather ugly to look at. Sure, enthusiasts like them.
LCP's stability allows the blades to go right up against the frame and not have centrifugal forces warp them at high speed and most of all, they have a far more dampened resonance frequency.
It's also got interesting embellishments on all corners like ASUS (uh...) would put brushed aluminium on their Zenbooks, it's just oddly familiar

IMG_20231116_032541.jpg

IMG_20231116_033126.jpg

The gaps on it isn't exactly mindblowing but its a 14030 fan spinning at 3000rpm, a little more gap is required than the T30-120. Or the noctua A12x25
It has switchable fan speeds, I am not sure about low speed but medium and high speed doesn't change the minimum fan speed. Minimum fan speed is 500rpm and max for medium should be 2000rpm while high speed goes all the way to 3000rpm of course.
Quoted specs are :
161CFM, 7.35mmH2O, 49dBa. It is louder than the T30-120 yes but at 14cm, getting that much static pressure is difficult compared to 12cm fans. You can get more airflow from 14cm fans if you bias the design towards airflow but at the cost of static pressure, therefore this has a very gentle typhoon esque design that hits a nice balance. Just run at 2000rpm if you dont want a hurricane.
The peculiar thing about it is that it only runs at 12V, it will NOT start below 12V. In testing, the steady state current at 3000rpm is 0.45A, at medium and high rpm mode, the fan starts ramping up slowly (even more so with high fan speed) so you don't get a massive 0.8A spike
It is definitely beyond reasonable usage to reach 49dBa but at medium speed it is very reasonable.
It's also a hefty unit at 341 grams! I don't think I have ever held up a non industrial fan that ever weighs that much.
It too comes with Dual ball bearings which is becoming a rarity and a pity because dual ball bearings can be quiet if done right, and it is here! It also means you can service it down the road with NMB bearings. (I mentioned NMB because I have the highest chance of success of quietening a manky used Sanyo 9S 120mm with them)

But... they are costly. For example, the phanteks T30-120 here costs roughly 40$ while the Proartist HF14 costs around 25$ for the white version. And certainly a lot cheaper than the A12x25 if I can even buy it here (last I checked, the distributor has folded)
Would I buy a few for my PC? It's still expensive. But it is within that region that I could seriously consider it. And, it's white. I love white builds
Don't believe its LCP because no LCP fans are white? Well look at this
IMG_20231116_040919.jpg

PPE+Fiberglass fan blades dont look like that! (Im not sure if you could dye fiberglass to white)
But what do I know, most 14cm fans are either mad expensive (I don't like RGB fans these days) or a Arctic P14... which I use in my rig

Anyone here remembers the feser company's triebwerk fans? they were THICCC at 55mm
I wish a modern company could try making a thickass fan like in the past. Or even just make 38mm thick fans common but lower speed.
A thicker fan is just better. Since we have so much space up front of most cases, why not make the fans thick?
Perhaps not really on top but most are offset so much you have plenty of space anyway up top

Last edited:
Correction : I was told that the gaps are narrower on others but having tried every single LCP fan it's actually as close as you can get

Might have been the prototypes that I saw