• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quadro M1000M GPU Bios

tahanasir

Hello Everyone and I hope you are fine.
I have HP Zbook 15 G3 with Core i7-6820HQ Processor and Nvidia Quadro M1000M with 2GB VRAM.
What I have done is I flashed my Quadro M1000M with unverified GPU bios from Techpowerup VGA bios data base. I haven't made a backup of the previous GPU bios wich was the version 82.07.A9.00.01.
I flashed wth version 82.07.8F.00.A3 using nvflash. The graphics card works when install its driver but after basic usage the system totally freezes. The picture bellow is the GPU bios before flashing to another version. I searched over the internet for the version 82.07.A9.00.01 but I couldn't get it.
I need your help for how could I restore my old GPU bios? Can Anyone help me to get a working GPU bios ".rom" from another HP Zbook 15 G3 or with another notebook have Quadro M1000M?
I thing my problem because the bios flashed with is unverified. Even after flashing, when I open Nvidia Control Panel and click on system information it says the GPU bios version the old one not with the flashed one. But GPU-Z reads the flashed version instead.
Before.gif

Why would you flash the BIOS (and not save the original)?
Anyhow - there are no verified BIOS'es for the said card, but 3 unverified. You can try the two HP ones, if you feel adventurous, or there might be one with such a laptop.

tahanasir

Why would you flash the BIOS (and not save the original)?
Anyhow - there are no verified BIOS'es for the said card, but 3 unverified. You can try the two HP ones, if you feel adventurous, or there might be one with such a laptop.
To be honest with you, I did not really expected this to happen. Even I did not recognize the old gpu bios version was newer than what I flashed. As for the backup, I tried to save the orifinal backup but GPU-Z says GPU is not allow to export or save the bios.

Whenever you cannot save with GPU-Z, you do that with nvflash.
Either you disable the graphics card in Device Manager and then manipulate BIOS with nvflash, or rather (more success) run a pre-boot environment (such as Hiren's Boot DVD or USB) to access your partitions and running nvflash and saving and testing BIOSes...