• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trying to get Dolby digital live to work for surround gaming. Also is puresoftapps.blogspot.com Apo Driver safe?

m1m1g4

Hello, I've been reading around a lot trying to get surround sound working for games. After some digging I found out I need Dolby digital live to make my surround setup work for gaming on windows. Basically my computer is plugged into a tv with hdmi which is then connected to my surround setup with a optical cable. This sound system only supports dolby digital 5.1 and some of the games I play have surround sound but don't work with dolby digital. After some digging I found out from other people who have the same sound system as mine that the solution is a sound card that supports dolby digital live but since it only has one input port I would have to buy a toslink switch. Here comes an alternative solution an APO Driver PureSoftApps: APO Driver [2.10.8] which I have seen recommended by some users on this site. Issue is I can't find too much info on the developer, website or the app itself except from other users who say its a easier solution. The app will allow me to use Dolby digital live over hdmi which solves all my problems but I can't confirm the safety of the app only that it works. Does anyone else know if the app is safe or not since I can't find any alternative software except the realtek patch which doesn't work over hdmi. Thanks!

TLDR: Sound system only works with surround over a Dolby digital 5.1 Solution is to get Dolby Digital Live which involves downloading PureSoftApps: APO Driver [2.10.8] which is recommended by some users on this site. I can't find any info if the app is safe or not so I wanted to ask here since that's where I found out about the app. Thanks!