• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Recommendation for best Debian-based distro with linux kernel 6.8

System Name Rocketlake Workstation+ (Yes, it's a workstation, not a gaming PC, so don't mind the GPU)
Processor Intel core i5-11600KF (Overclocked to 5.6 GHz)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490
Cooling Deepcool Liquid Cooling (AIO)
Memory DDR4-3200 / 2x32 GB (Total 64 GB)
Video Card(s) BIOSTAR GT 730 (Fermi edition) / 4 GB GDDR3 (Overclocked to 850 MHz)
Storage Kingston SSD 128GB L50361-00, Crucial 240GB CT240BX500SSD1, Toshiba DT01AC HDD
Display(s) AOC E970Sw - 1970W (overclocked to 76 Hz)
Audio Device(s) iBall stereo speakers
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart 500W + Gigabyte GP-450B (Total 950W)
Mouse Dell USB Mouse
Keyboard SIGMACHIP USB Keyboard
VR HMD None
Software Ubuntu (Always the latest version) + Windows 11 Enterprise Insider Preview (Dev channel)
Benchmark Scores Any free and trusted benchmarking software out there? I don't want to install stuff from steam lol
Except for Ubuntu and Linux mint, can someone recommend me a good linux distro with kernel 6.8? I need this kernel version because a guy made a PPA with unofficial NVIDIA 391 drivers for kernels upto 6.8, and I have only Fermi NVIDIA GPUs. Also here's the reason why I don't like:
Ubuntu 24.04: I have experienced weird freezes in ubuntu 24.04, even in the live installation. The freezes happen as soon as I open pretty much any system app based on GNOME, like the Nautilus file manager, cheese camera app, the settings app, etc. These freezes are weird because even after it has happened, I can still turn on and if the caps lock and numlock keys, and I can also hear system sounds. It means the system is still responsive! It's like it's just the screen that freezes, and it's not because of the windowing system (X11 or Wayland) or NVIDIA drivers.
Linux Mint: Something very weird I have noticed about Linux mint is that it doesn't have CPU governors and min/max frequency settings? Whenever I use any app like cpupower to set my cpu frequency and governor, it gives errors like "the directory /sys/devices/system/cpu/..... doesn't exist".