• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rufus with Windows 11 to ISO file and Ventoy

dockalacek

Hello,

I need some advice: I use Ventoy on multiple operating systems on one USB. What I like about its competitor (Rufus) is that it can bypass the Microsoft account, skip privacy questions and disable Bitlocker when creating a flash drive on Windows 11.

I've been figuring out how to get a Rufus modified ISO image onto a Ventoy flash drive for about two or three days now. Rufus does create a bootable flash drive, but I need it in ISO format. I have tried ImgBurn, Any Burn, Iso Workshop, USB Image Tool, but nothing works, after copying the ISO files to Ventoy it says UEFIx64 file is missing, even though the file exists in the folder, in short the ISO is not bootable. My question is how to package the flash drive created by Rufus into a bootable ISO file, which I then copy to the flash drive created by Ventoy. I'm creating a Windows USB for a friend, which will have all versions of Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 11, Hirens Boot. Ventoy is a brilliant tool for this, but Rufus again has a wonderfully simple option for what I don't want in Windows 11.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me if what I want is even technically feasible? Ideally if someone would try it out directly on themselves and describe it to me step by step, semi-literally, like for morons.

Thank you all. Martin from the Czech Republic

Sorry for my English, I used DeepL