• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX 580 VBIOS related functionality not supported for Device: 0x67df

HeFesT

I'm having problems with the rx 580, the screen was flashing, so I went to change the bios and I put the wrong bios in and it no longer shows the image and when I put in another bios it is marked as rx570 and I can't solve this problem, could anyone help me?

mougul brand micron gddr5 memory

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
I'm having problems with the rx 580, the screen was flashing, so I went to change the bios and I put the wrong bios in and it no longer shows the image and when I put in another bios it is marked as rx570 and I can't solve this problem, could anyone help me?

mougul brand micron gddr5 memory

Did you follow the flash instructions: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...nd-line-cmd-syntax-mini-guide-windows.291671/ ?
For RX 500 Series (Polaris) and Older:

Get amdvbflash 2.93

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

Then look for Version 4.68, underneath 4.68 you will see a link to show older version, click that and you should see version 2.93

Follow these steps carefully:

1. Open your "C:" drive in Windows, create a new folder, call it atiflash.

2. Extract the contents of atiflash_293.zip to the "C:\atiflash" folder

3. Find the bios file you downloaded and rename the bios file to 5 digits with .rom on end Example RX 580, change file to rx580.rom (r****.rom)

4. Move r****.rom to the "C:\atiflash" folder

5. Open the start menu, type cmd, when cmd.exe appears right click it and hit "Run as administrator"

6. At the command prompt type in cd\ and press enter until only C:\> is on the screen.

7. Type in cd/atiflash and press enter, you should see C:\atiflash>

8. Type in amdvbflash.exe -i to identify the gpu you want to flash with a 0, 1, or 2)

9. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
(there is a space between the e and -unlockrom and 0)(0 is the number zero)
press enter and you will be prompted that the "ROM Unlocked" (or 1, 2)

10. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 r****.rom
(there is a space between the .exe and -f, and a space between -f and -p and 0).
(Or 1, 2)

Press Enter

Follow directions on screen and if flash is successful exit the command prompt and restart, windows should show up on screen

Can you share a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

Please make a picture of the whole PCB since mougul is a Chinese brand. Likely you have a cloned or relabeled card.

HeFesT

Yes, I've done everything, including soldering the bios and cutting it when recording, I did it but it doesn't work and to help, now it's being recognized by another bios rx 570 and not by the image

the type of memory on my board is micron

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Yes, I've done everything, including soldering the bios and cutting it when recording, I did it but it doesn't work and to help, now it's being recognized by another bios rx 570 and not by the image

the type of memory on my board is micron
Can you make a picture of the PCB since mougul is a Chinese clone/relabel brand. Without a picture of the whole PCB we will be unable to locate a correct bios.

HeFesT

I will try to send a photo of this so you can see, I will do some research to find out where this is.

Friend, if you can call me on discord so I can show you everything first hand and you can help me I'll be grateful my discord is 'hefest123'

errr.jpg

this happens when I do amdvbflash -i (example image)

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
I will try to send a photo of this so you can see, I will do some research to find out where this is.

Friend, if you can call me on discord so I can show you everything first hand and you can help me I'll be grateful my discord is 'hefest123'

View attachment 343313

this happens when I do amdvbflash -i (example image)
You are using a too new version of amdvbflash. If you did follow the flashing guide at the Polaris (RX 500 series) you would have know that you need to use version 2.93

Please follow the flashing guide which can be found here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...nd-line-cmd-syntax-mini-guide-windows.291671/
For RX 500 Series (Polaris) and Older:

Get amdvbflash 2.93

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

Then look for Version 4.68, underneath 4.68 you will see a link to show older version, click that and you should see version 2.93

Follow these steps carefully:

1. Open your "C:" drive in Windows, create a new folder, call it atiflash.

2. Extract the contents of atiflash_293.zip to the "C:\atiflash" folder

3. Find the bios file you downloaded and rename the bios file to 5 digits with .rom on end Example RX 580, change file to rx580.rom (r****.rom)

4. Move r****.rom to the "C:\atiflash" folder

5. Open the start menu, type cmd, when cmd.exe appears right click it and hit "Run as administrator"

6. At the command prompt type in cd\ and press enter until only C:\> is on the screen.

7. Type in cd/atiflash and press enter, you should see C:\atiflash>

8. Type in amdvbflash.exe -i to identify the gpu you want to flash with a 0, 1, or 2)

9. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
(there is a space between the e and -unlockrom and 0)(0 is the number zero)
press enter and you will be prompted that the "ROM Unlocked" (or 1, 2)

10. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 r****.rom
(there is a space between the .exe and -f, and a space between -f and -p and 0).
(Or 1, 2)

Press Enter

Follow directions on screen and if flash is successful exit the command prompt and restart, windows should show up on screen

HeFesT

Perfect, I downloaded atiflash 2.93, as you said, I'll wait until dawn to test it to see if it works. I'd like you to watch it via broadcast, but I'll have to wait until dawn because I'll need a phone as a monitor to use spacedesk

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Perfect, I downloaded atiflash 2.93, as you said, I'll wait until dawn to test it to see if it works. I'd like you to watch it via broadcast, but I'll have to wait until dawn because I'll need a phone as a monitor to use spacedesk
Sorry, I dont do any Discord sessions. The older version of amdvbflash should do the job with the correct parameters (see guide!).

HeFesT

Hello bro, I've been missing for a while because I didn't have a cell phone, but here I am, I did the procedures and it's giving me an error about the card not being located, I did a lot of searching for the bios, I found the correct one, is there anything else you can tell me?

image.png

I went to the purchase link, looked for the serial number and found the correct bios but I can't put it on the board, help me

the card is not recognized by the management panel (task manager) and by the device manager either, only the amd software recognizes RX570 plus its brand and RX580

1714192483876.png

I'm thinking about buying this eprom device to try to record it but I'm a little afraid because it has to know a certain voltage and the bios chip is very small and you can't even see it because it's turned off (a little)

Attachments

• RX580-MG.rom
    256 KB · Views: 11
System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Hello bro, I've been missing for a while because I didn't have a cell phone, but here I am, I did the procedures and it's giving me an error about the card not being located, I did a lot of searching for the bios, I found the correct one, is there anything else you can tell me?

View attachment 345324
Can you share the output of amdvbflash?

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62