• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX580 mining VBios

weebeey

Hi all,

I have been looking at this site for almost a week now but I can't really figure out how these VBios files versions work. Please point me to the right direction, I don't wanna brick a card just random testing.

I have 5 RX580 cards mining on HiveOS. They have a hashrate of 10-13MH/s on Kawpow. They should have something like 14-16MH/s so I suspect I have a gaming VBios instead of mining VBios.

How do I know wich VBios I have? And how do I know which VBios to flash instead? There is like a 1000 VBios files for RX580. If I have a mining VBios already on one card, can I use the same on all other cards?

If there is a guide or a thread already explaining this, please kick me in the right direction.

VBios.png

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
I dont think you will get much support here since this isn't a mining forum.

Couple of methods you can try:

Method 1: Put the graphics card in a normal Windows system. If the bios is modified, the bios signature is fucked up due the bios editing and will not load the driver in Windows.
Method 2: Make a dump of the bios and compare it on binary with a stock bios in the Video BIOS Collection.
Method 3: Make a dump and use a bios editior to see if the voltages/memory timings are changed.