• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX590 gpu driver for w10 1709-error 184

error 184 amd software installer cannot contunue to an unsupported operating system.

where can I find drivers specifically for w10 1709 edition? where can I see a list that support 1709?

this pc is not ever connected to internet so it will not get updated. I download on another pc and install. its my editing machine and it will not get connected to the net ever.

I have a rx590 gpu.

I tried 21.8.2 / 22.3.1 but I am coming from nvidia camp. I dont know how it goes with the numbers. I check nvidia for w10 and it shows me a list of drivers.

why is it so complicated with amd. dahell.

Last edited:
no ddu, clean install. 1709 is what I have. this is an important pc so it will never get connected to the internet. dont care for it to be exposed to potential issues. wont install anti virus either. it will stay as is.

why am I getting 184 error for an older gpu driver/older os?

why the heck is it so complicated with amd and drivers. with evga I got site, I can choose what versions I want and install.

I tried 21.8.2 / 22.3.1

why are they not compatable and new drivers are? how the hell does that make sense? which versions work with 1709?

I downloaded from here

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
If you scroll down at that site older drivers are avaliable. Try one from say 2018, that should work.

. this is an important pc so it will never get connected to the internet. dont care for it to be exposed to potential issues.
So why don't you install the latest version of Windows then ? You install it offline, go online activate it, go offline and you can install modern drivers and software without issues.

what do I gain that I dont have now? its just for editing pictures and its doing an ok job with the old drivers. ill be honest, I dont like ms at all. dont trust them. dont want them putting extra stuff on my pc. so this is how it will be with this pc. no internet. no compromise on this.

Will stuff like ReLive work that way ? There is also the Nimez drivers, i think it's a community mod, not official, but i don't use them since i always keep my OS up to date.

Go Linux if you are so against a modern and up to date Microsoft OS.
If I knew how to program and such, id boot ms in a millisecond. the only thing I know is sudo, and nothing else. ive never installed any version even to see what its like. I contemplate the idea to buy a used older laptop and install and tinker with but I know me. I wouldnt be able to handle the learning curve for more then 5 minutes and then ill throw it to the side and never want to touch it again. it needs to be smooth and I need to tinker too much.