• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire AMD Radeon Pulse RX 570 4GB - PCB Component Repair Identification Help

R2000

Hi, i need to solder a few components on a Sapphire AMD Radeon Pulse RX 570 4GB.

PCB: CAN ICES-3(B) /NMB-3(B)

I require a little assistace to identify 3 components (in yellow) that are missing or require replacing. Looking at my pictures can you tell me what the name of the resistor/capacitor/s etc that i need.

Think one is a " (LF10A) Littelfuse Fast Acting SMD Fuse 1808 10A 125V" on image IMG_0538. I could be wrong, or wrong voltage?

I dont know what the others are.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,468
  • IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,642

dialab

Hi,

Caps You should use are ceramic 10uF x 25V 0805 package. Fuse can be any 10A fast acting with right dimensions. Voltage is there 12V.

Wbr,

Processor Intel i7 4770k
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z87
Cooling BeQuiet! Shadow Rock 3
Memory Patriot Viper 3 RedD 16 GB @ 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB
Storage 1x SSD Samsung EVO 250 GB 1x HDD Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 1x HDD Seagate Barracuda 4 TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G2U QHD, Dell S2415H FHD
Case Cooler Master HAF XM
Audio Device(s) Magnat LZR 980, Razer BlackShark V2, Altec Lansing 251
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Last edited:

R2000

Thank you for that information. One other thing, i am after buying a new soldering iron, not an expensive one, though one that would be good enough for soldering SMD components. Do you have any suggestions of one that i could get from ebay? My soldering iron is generic, good enough for larger components, wires etc.

To Nights post edit, can anyone clarify that those could be MLC? Thank you, and cheers for that Night and Dialab.

dialab

Thank you for that information. One other thing, i am after buying a new soldering iron, not an expensive one, though one that would be good enough for soldering SMD components. Do you have any suggestions of one that i could get from ebay? My soldering iron is generic, good enough for larger components, wires etc.

To Nights post edit, can anyone clarify that those could be MLC? Thank you, and cheers for that Night and Dialab.
For these 5 components You can use this tool You have, no need buy something extra. There are two types of tools, good ones and cheap ones. Havent see yet good and cheap in one package. Melting point with IR station is around 217C because of lead free solder, so if You want to do Your job easy, add just non lead free solder first, it drops melting point to 180C, will be much more easyer.

Wbr,

R2000

Thanks for the soldering info. I don’t usually go down to component level repairs, though if the device is worth the effort I’ll fix it.

Just been looking for 1808 12V 10A Littelfuse Fast Acting SMD, though i can only find 125V and 65V, on eBay.

Anyone know of a supplier in the UK that sells the components I require?

Thanks

dialab

Thanks for the soldering info. I don’t usually go down to component level repairs, though if the device is worth the effort I’ll fix it.

Just been looking for 1808 12V 10A Littelfuse Fast Acting SMD, though i can only find 125V and 65V, on eBay.

Anyone know of a supplier in the UK that sells the components I require?

Thanks
You can use 65V or 125V also, these are maximum voltage values for circuit they can be used. As 10A is current not voltage. Farnell should be uk, also mouser should be there.

Wbr,

Billy Bob Bean

Hi,
please do you know correct resistance I should measure on Vcore capacitors? I have there 3 deffective RX 570 and all of them have around 0,6 - 0,7 R resistance between Vcore and GND. Power stage looks good, but I'm surprised with this low resistance.
Thank you!