• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shanling MTW300 True Wireless Earphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Shanling leverages over three decade of experience in the audio industry in its true wireless earphones lineup. Today, we examine the MTW300, a carbon nanotubed diaphragm dynamic driver setup designed similarly to IEMs with ergonomics, comfort, and a deliberate audiophile tuning in mind.

Show full review

System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus PRIME B350M-A
Cooling Wraith Stealth Cooler, 4x140mm Noctua NF-A14 FLX 1200RPM Case Fans
Memory Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R DDR4 2400MHz Vengeance LPX DIMM
Video Card(s) GTX 1050 2GB (for now) 3060 12GB on order
Storage Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Lots of HDD storage
Display(s) 32 inch 4K LG, 55 & 48 inch LG OLED, 40 inch Panasonic LED LCD
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Sound: LG Monitor Built-in speakers (currently), Mike: Marantz MaZ
Power Supply Corsair CS550M 550W ATX Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi-Modular Design
Mouse Logitech M280
Keyboard Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750R (works best in summer)
VR HMD none
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit OEM, Captur 1 21
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20: 3508 (WIP)
  • Instrument distinction can be muddy, especially with orchestral music
  • Soundstage and resolution in the mids is lacking
  • No aptX HD or LDAC support
  • Microphones are mediocre at best
  • Charging case has low battery capacity
Yet Highly Recommended? What do you have to do to fail? Other than to post this question?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Yet Highly Recommended? What do you have to do to fail? Other than to post this question?
Maybe read the conclusion properly? It provides for a listening experience with comfort better than the other TWS earphones tested so far, hence the recommendation. It's not perfect, but better than the others I have experience with.

Exactly what my thoughts were. I have no desire to buy these after reading that and then I see the highly recommended badge. I'm confused.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Actually you guys made me reconsider it. The main thing going on is that I have a big lag time on reviews right now in that I've submitted quite a few things so they get published 2-4 weeks later on average. In that time I have finished testing other items, and the MTW300 certainly was lucky in that regard but won't be deserving of the recommendation soon enough. I was going to wait for the next set of reviews to be published but, since there's clearly enough to persuade me otherwise, I've preemptively updated the conclusion page now. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!