• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

throttle stop limiting igpu speed

molash

hello, i have realised that throttle stop is limiting my igpu (intel hd4600) frequency to stock frequency of 1150mhz when in the bios i set it to 1250mhz, i have tested it using gpu z to monitor clock and a game to put load on gpu, the result is that the gpu boost fine to 1250mhz but the moment i open throttle stop, it drops to 1150mhz and does not boost higher, does not appear to be a power limit as i can crank up the voltage and draw almost 40 watts which then causes a thermal limit, any help is appreciated.

cheers

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Are you using ThrottleStop or the BIOS to undervolt the Intel GPU or the iGPU Unslice? The voltage and the GPU speed are both combined into the same register. It is possible that ThrottleStop accidentally resets the GPU overclock if it accesses this register. I do not own whatever 4th Gen CPU you have so no plans to troubleshoot or try and fix this bug.

molash

no im actually overvolting the gpu slightly since its unstable at stock voltage, cpu is heavily undervolted though, another strange thing is that throttestop is reporting a current limit for the cpu, but i have it unlimited so i dont know whats going on there. however i did manage to reach higher gpu clock with throttle stop opened at stock voltage but at a boosted voltage it resets to stock. i think i will probably stick to bios only voltage and clock control since throttlestop seems to messing with it, i was only using throttle stop to see if im power limited. is there anyway to still retain this feature whilst disabling voltage control?