• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ThrottleStop for i7 10510U (Lenovo Yoga), and maybe useful for other throttled notebooks

Brave NewWin

Hi all, I'm newbie here, and I just install TS for 1w.

A few months ago, I bough a Lenovo Yoga Duet 7 13IML05 - Type 82AS (Powered by Intel® Core™ i7-10510U Processor) with the wish to have a machine with higher performance than my MacBook. But right after receiving it, I found out that it worked slowly. Even more slowly than laptops powered by Intel Celeron decades ago.

I did try many methods:

• Changed Power plan to “High performance”;
  • Disabled some windows services;
  • Disabled some visual effects in Control Panel > Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows;
  • Uninstalled all installed apps;
  • Run several troubleshooters;
  • Uninstalled and then re-installed drivers;
  • Re-installed Windows;
  • Even reset Windows;
  • Tried hard to modify F2 > UEFI> Configuration, set ”System Performance Mode” to “Extreme performance” or at least “Intelligence Cooling”. Regardless of my settings, the su/cking UEFI automatically set it back to “Battery saving”. Whenever I tried to change it and saved, it set back to “battery saving” itself. Weird LENOVO UEFI!

None of them could help!!!

- I continued trying to disable Hyper-Threading in UEFI: It help me a bit: Instead of throttling at 0.39GHz, now, thanks to su/cking machine, it ..throttled at 0.78GHz!!

- Finally, I found ThrottleStop by searching a week ago and amazing, this app helped me to solve the issue!

I think that I should share sth, that's why. The following is "My ThottleStop Understanding and Settings.docx" on Google Drive:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-a6PoUz_511IgiXw-ldYKKJUeytUMdtz/
I created that for my specific laptop line named "Lenovo Yoga Duet 7" in order to fix unreasonable throttle of the machine, but maybe it's also helpful fo other similar notebooks.

Plz contribute if there's sth wrong with it.
Thank you UncleWebb for creating such an useful app!

Last edited: