• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttlestop last undervolt offset values persisting even after turning laptop off or throttlestop

myhandhortz

as what the title suggest, throttlestop last undervolt offset values on my previous use session persist even if i just booted my laptop for the first time. like i havent even opened throttlestop app yet but when i look at hwmonitor it displays the last offset values that was set previously rather than 0. Is this normal? am i missing something? my initial understanding of how throttlestop functions is that it only applies the undervolts when i open it then it those undervolts should go back to 0 upon turning the app off or shutting down my laptop, am i incorrect? i dont want this behavior where the offset persist, i didnt even setup throttlestop in autostart for this very reason. cuz if there is some random variable that may cause my "stable" undervolts to be unstable i worry my laptop might go into a bsod loop or something similar to happen and i dont want that to happen. im a beginner to this and i need some clarity. Is there a way to fix this so that when i exit throttle stop or turn off my laptop the offset values would reset back to 0?