• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ThrottleStop settings for P53 i7 9850H, RTX 3000

KubanskY

Hi all,
I recently bought a post-lease Lenovo Thinkpad P53 laptop with an i7 9850H processor and an Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000 graphics card. I've looked through a few threads on program settings, and adjusted them as much as I can for my laptop. However, I've noticed that I can't get the CPU temperature below 98 degrees, while others reach temperatures below 90 in heavy-duty mode. I'll add that I haven't changed the thermal paste yet, but I will. I would also like to configure a second profile to work only for the Internet, cutting power. Please help.
Sorry for my English.

Attachments

• 2024-10-08.txt
    129.8 KB · Views: 6

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I haven't changed the thermal paste yet
When fully loaded and running at max speed, the 9850H is a hot running CPU. Try replacing the thermal paste with Honeywell PTM 7950. I do not know what else you can do if cleaning out your laptop and replacing the thermal paste does not solve your problem.

Your ThrottleStop settings look OK. You are already undervolting about as much as you reliably can undervolt. You are likely already on the edge of stability.

KubanskY

When fully loaded and running at max speed, the 9850H is a hot running CPU. Try replacing the thermal paste with Honeywell PTM 7950. I do not know what else you can do if cleaning out your laptop and replacing the thermal paste does not solve your problem.

Your ThrottleStop settings look OK. You are already undervolting about as much as you reliably can undervolt. You are likely already on the edge of stability.
Reducing processor performance will help? Attached is a screen shot of TPL.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 1

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
The 9850H has a 45W TDP power rating. Setting the turbo power limits to 60W and 70W increases full load performance but it also increases temperatures. Decrease both limits by 10W or 15W to get a better performance heat balance.