• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

THX Spatial Audio (VAD) for Windows 10-11

PearCats

THX Spatial Audio VAD (Virtual Audio Driver)
I found this APO on the internet. I hope it works for you.
These drivers are originally intended for Gateway laptops, but I hope it works for all PCs.
Just download the installer from my Google Drive. Double-click in executable file and install the driver. Restart your computer if necessary.
CAUTION: if you have another APO installed in your computer, please don't install because may interfere with the local effects of APO. It is only intended for those computers that do not have digital audio effects.
This file is totally legal for free distribution.
Comment if it has worked for you, please :'c

Link for VAD Driver: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10C5qJ1SkPYNzjnJJpeJcSSk6V-0wpvJA?usp=sharing
other link if google drive don't work: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dyh6go2y4rv25/THX_Spatial_Audio

THX Spatial Audio

Last edited by a moderator:
I test with AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack-HDA9581 and it work great no problem, it's similar to Boom3D i think . Thanks

PearCats

+ About this driver
This driver only supports 8 channel audio outputs, as you can see in the pic:
1700782608103.png

If you change the volume in any of the channels, nothing happens, don't worry about it. Nothing happens if you are in "Spatial Audio" mode either.
"Chat" device in sound control panel generally don't have a utility, it only supports stereo channel configuration as well.
"Audio" is the default device in general for all apps. Don't change if do you want a change in the sound.

+ Some recommendations about this driver
1. Press Windows + R and write "mmsys.cpl" in the window, then click "Accept" button. (Or go to "Control Panel" and search "Sound" option)
2. A window appears with some sound devices, select "Record" devices and click in "Microphone" ("THX Spatial Audio", not "Realtek" or "Conexant" device).
3. Once you select, enter in the device and disable it.

Important notice: You may have some problems using this APO in different apps like Minecraft (Microsoft Store version) with the "Volume leveling" enhancement. Specially in "Speakers" mode. This problem comes with the new update 1.20.30 (and most updated versions), basically the enhancement disabled after entry a world.
I have not found any other problems with APO. If you found other problem, please comment it.

Sorry for my bad English nwn.

Last edited: