• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unable to boot my windows 11 setup unless SSD nvme is removed

MFaze

my other thread: Should I keep using my PSU after my motherboard and SSD is fried? | TechPowerUp Forums

Components:
MSI board: b550m-a pro
MSI ITX board: b450I gaming plus max wifi
Asus ITX board: ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING

Firstly, i want to ask is it possible for a CPU (3600 and 5700x) to be unable to access nvme ssd? i can boot into bios fine and the temperature is average, around 37C but i am unable to go to windows 11 setup. The MSI board only allowed me to access windows 11 setup in my USB when i remove the SSD. the table below is an unposted thread that i was making before testing with the MSI ITX board. Basically, everything i did prevent me from installing windows 11 in my new SSD.

motherboard b550m-a pro
ssd 1TB intel 760P GEN3 NVME SSD
GPU 2060 super palit dual

first, i tried installing windows 11 using media creation tool. after exiting bios, it will show the PRO logo with a loading circle at the bottom of the logo, the loading circle will freeze, display goes black, then only one of the GPU fans will just spins at max speed and then it will be like that until i turn it off.

After that, i didn't enter bios and just let it do its thing. Sometimes it will do the same thing as before in first paragraph, and sometimes it will display a blue screen and text will say that "ntoskrnl.exe" has an error, missing or corrupted. I had only 3 options, exit, start again or go to UEFI settings. I exit and try to use windows 10 instead

after i format and installed windows 10 on my USB, i then tried to booting it using that. the windows 10 setup appeared but when i tried to setup, it said that i cant because of the media USB or something along those lines. So i went to advanced mode, format the ssd, still didn't work. So i tried to do where you copy the setup from the USB to the SSD after you partition 5gb of it, but after i boot it up without the USB and prioritizing the SSD, it will display the PRO logo, then it shows the windows logo, freezes, then a glitched PRO logo will be at the right bottom corner of the screen, then there would be no display and only one of my GPU fans spins at max speed until i turn it off.

after that, i used rufus to install windows 11 ISO with these options:
remove requirements for 4GB+ ram, Secure boot and TPM2.0.
remove requirement for an online Microsoft Account.
Set regional options to the same values as this user's.
Disable data collection (Skip privacy question).
Disable BitLocker automatic device encryption .

I boot it up, exit bios, PRO logo shows up with loading circle, it freezes, and the loading circle is glitched with a blue color, then display turns black and one of my GPU fans is spinning at max speed.

I tried to turn it on without an SSD inserted into the motherboard which worked, the windows 11 setup is on display. When i tried to do it again with an SSD inserted, it freezes at the PRO logo except now there no blue glitch on my loading circle and all 2 of my GPU fans spins at normal speed.

Best I can think of is that maybe the problems is caused by the pcie lanes? maybe since the m.2 ssd uses pcie lanes, it kind of disturbs the pcie lanes between the GPU and the motherboard which caused the logos to glitch, and for only 1 of my GPU fans spins to max speed after trying to run the windows 11 installations with an SSD inserted.
I also notice that when the ssd is inserted, when the LED's goes through it's cycle (CPU, DRAM, VGA, BOOT), it's stuck at VGA for around 5-6 second before the BOOT LED lights up, but when i remove the ssd the VGA LED only lights up for 1 second before the BOOT LED lights up.

I'm trying to manually set my GPU and nvme SSD to a lower gen but im not sure how to do it.
in the PCIe/PCI subsystem options are the images that is attached to this thread.

sometimes if i would turn the motherboard on (using the screwdriver technique), it will take 3-4 seconds for my PSU to click and motherboard to turn on, it will turn on for a bit, turn off, and then turn on again, sometimes the LED will be at CPU, sometimes it would just be normal and I'm able to go into BIOS. I would have to turn off and turn on it again, maybe my screwdriver touched other pins?

I don't think the SSD is bad because i just bought it, different ones from my previous post about the PSU accident, although this one i did drop it, the damaged part wasn't on the m.2 connection but at just the part where you screw it in. The BIOS recognize the SSD fine so i think it shouldn't be a problem.

Now that i got the MSI ITX motherboard, i tested it. There is a difference between when i tested using MSI board and MSI ITX board

MSI BoardMSI ITX board
turning on PC with SSD and no USBgoes black and only one GPU fan is spinning in max speeddisplay the "insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key", everything is normal
turning on PC with SSD and USBlogo appears, freezes, then goes black and only one GPU fan is spinning in max speedCPU LED lights up, logo appears, then goes black and only one GPU fan is spinning in max speed
turning on PC with USB and no SSDcan access windows 11 setup, everything is normalsame result as above (logo appears, freezes, then goes black, only one GPU fan is spinning in max speed and the CPU LED lights up)

I'm not sure if this is caused by a damaged CPU because im using a ryzen 3600 in this MSI Board test, and the CPU that was involve with the fried SSD incident was a 5700x. Maybe my ryzen 3600 got damaged when i was testing my Asus ITX motherboard? Not really sure what to do at this point other than sending this to an electronic repair shop but i would have to travel 1-2 hours to get all of my components properly inspected. Is there anything else that I can do?