• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unable to switch to UEFI due to GOP problem

0Nameduser

There's a program I'd like to use called RTCV (Real Time Corruptor), but for being able to use RTCV requires Vanguard to connect (hence the "V"). Attempting to use RTCV shows "Waiting for Vanguard client to connect" but stays like that forever. Searched up the problem, one from reddit said to "Enable Secure Boot" to a guy that had a similar problem like me.
Attempting to enable said secure boot, requires UEFI. Attempting to switch to UEFI, the PC restarts to switch. It goes on, suddenly it shuts down. Restarts again,

"There is no GOP (Graphics Output Protocol) support detected in this card.
'BIOS CSM/UEFI Mode' settings in BIOS will be changed to 'CSM'.

Press F1 to run setup.
Press F2 to load default values and continue.
"

All while there's a bright white light shining from where it says "VGA" below it.

Searched up the GOP problem, returns "Find a switch for the GPU or flash a new VBIOS on it".
No switch found, and flashing the VBIOS didn't help at all, same GOP message.

GPU-Z says the GPU supports UEFI, in other words there's a checkbox checked where it says "UEFI".

+ I have a UEFI-Compatible Intenso 1TB USB Hard Disk on GPT (GUID Partition Table) to boot on with UEFI (Windows not installed yet).
I also attempted to update the Motherboard BIOS to vAE but downloading it returns to "Not Found".
What I find weird is that first time switching to UEFI, it booted to the UEFI USB Drive. Switching to UEFI again, same GOP message.
Please help, nothing I searched did anything.

Motherboard: MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS, BIOS Version: MS-7C75vAD
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100F 3.60GHz, Quad Core
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770, Subvendor: ASUS, VBIOS Version: 80.04.C3.00.02, Driver Version: 30.0.14.7514

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
There's a program I'd like to use called RTCV (Real Time Corruptor), but for being able to use RTCV requires Vanguard to connect (hence the "V"). Attempting to use RTCV shows "Waiting for Vanguard client to connect" but stays like that forever. Searched up the problem, one from reddit said to "Enable Secure Boot" to a guy that had a similar problem like me.
Attempting to enable said secure boot, requires UEFI. Attempting to switch to UEFI, the PC restarts to switch. It goes on, suddenly it shuts down. Restarts again,

"There is no GOP (Graphics Output Protocol) support detected in this card.
'BIOS CSM/UEFI Mode' settings in BIOS will be changed to 'CSM'.

Press F1 to run setup.
Press F2 to load default values and continue.
"

All while there's a bright white light shining from where it says "VGA" below it.

Searched up the GOP problem, returns "Find a switch for the GPU or flash a new VBIOS on it".
No switch found, and flashing the VBIOS didn't help at all, same GOP message.

GPU-Z says the GPU supports UEFI, in other words there's a checkbox checked where it says "UEFI".

+ I have a UEFI-Compatible Intenso 1TB USB Hard Disk on GPT (GUID Partition Table) to boot on with UEFI (Windows not installed yet).
I also attempted to update the Motherboard BIOS to vAE but downloading it returns to "Not Found".
What I find weird is that first time switching to UEFI, it booted to the UEFI USB Drive. Switching to UEFI again, same GOP message.
Please help, nothing I searched did anything.

Motherboard: MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS, BIOS Version: MS-7C75vAD
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100F 3.60GHz, Quad Core
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770, Subvendor: ASUS, VBIOS Version: 80.04.C3.00.02, Driver Version: 30.0.14.7514
Gpu-z screenshot is needed