• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Undervolting help requested for Lenovo Legion Y740-15IRHG

LoneWolf~

I bought this laptop recently for a great price and overall it keeps impressing me. Lately it was when I bought sticks of DDR4 3200 RAM and saw that it ran at that speed with an XMP profile despite reading elsewhere that it wouldn't go beyond 2666. I've undervolted laptops in the past to reduce thermals and limit throttling mostly with Throttlestop but ran into problems this time.

After reading around I saw that it was disabled in a later BIOS but most of the options in Throttlestop were available to me. However, despite changing the CPU and CPU cache to -125mV, saving the profile and applying it the voltage didn't change at all. Normally I see the change reflected in the top right box under the FIVR tweaks but nothing happened. I've even gone so far as going back to 1.08 in the BIOS which didn't change this as well as looking to edit the BIOS itself which showed that the overclocking lock was disabled.

I have no idea what to check or change now and I'm no nearer to getting it to work. If anyone has suggestions or knows what I need to do I'd welcome the help. The attached screenshots are from the laptop while typing this post out and sitting on a cooling pad otherwise the temps would be higher.

Attachments

• ts1.jpg
    ts1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 7
  • ts2.jpg
    ts2.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 10

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
ThrottleStop voltage control does not work when Windows VBS is enabled. Follow the link in my signature. Core isolation memory integrity needs to be disabled and anything else that depends on virtualization also needs to be disabled.

After you do that, reboot and delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file before running ThrottleStop. Post an updated FIVR screenshot. You should not be seeing a column of 0.3799 values in the ThrottleStop FIVR monitoring table.

1722183065749.png