• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watercool Heatkiller Rad 360-S

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Watercool makes a much awaited debut with the release of the all-new Heatkiller radiators. We take a look at the Heatkiller Rad 360-S here, published alongside the thicker Heatkiller Rad 360-L. Both come in multiple color finishes, excellent build quality, and increased case compatibility!

Show full review

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Am I the only one counting a pretty consistent 17 fins within that inch-wide caliper jaw opening? Also, it would be great to see radiator thicknesses mentioned in the discussion of flow restriction, as it can be pretty hard to keep track of which radiators are which thickness (i.e. are all thin radiators single-row? Are all single-row rads thin? And so on.). Beyond that, great review!

Oh, is there any word on a 140mm variant of this series?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Am I the only one counting a pretty consistent 17 fins within that inch-wide caliper jaw opening? Also, it would be great to see radiator thicknesses mentioned in the discussion of flow restriction, as it can be pretty hard to keep track of which radiators are which thickness (i.e. are all thin radiators single-row? Are all single-row rads thin? And so on.). Beyond that, great review!

Oh, is there any word on a 140mm variant of this series?
I don't have enough radiators here to do a thin vs thick class, so I tend to talk about it in the discussion section underneath the plots themselves. But yes as more recent radiators get added then obviously I can make separate plots too.

No 140 mm radiators planned at this stage. Also, if the photo has any parallax errors, note that you need to account for also half fins etc in the gaps. There are 15 fins more often than not in this particular core, 16 in some places, 14 in more places than 16.

how clean they where prior to first use? btw that is a nice rad nice work on the pictures.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
how clean they where prior to first use? btw that is a nice rad nice work on the pictures.
Thanks, the white one especially was not the easiest to photograph on my white backdrop. As for your other query, I addressed it on the comments section of the other review too, but quite clean. If I don't mention anything specifically, which I now realize I should based on the comments, it's a good thing. Keep in mind that these were among the first radiators made ready, so Watercool themselves would have probably tested it first too, meaning they were likely flushed before they came my way.

System Name Donnager
Processor 13900KS, lapped and contact frame
Motherboard Asus Z790 Hero
Cooling Heatkiller IV CPU block, Heatkiller V GPU block, GTX 480mm radiator, D5 pump
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury 7200C38
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3
Storage Optane 380GB M.2 OS drive, M.2 2TB game drive
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 120Hz 3440x1440
Case Fractal Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Outlaw RR2150 stereo receiver driving DIY kits, Schiit Asgard for Sennheiser HD6XX headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Nice radiators for any reasonable fan speed.