• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where is the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard to connect the WiFi card?

drpeppercan

Hi there!
I just bought a TUF B365M-PLUS Gaming motherboard.
I can't locate the USB 2.0 header to connect the WiFi card : (
I've got the Manual, but I do not see the USB 2.0 header.

Thanks in advance guys,

DPC

A seen in section 1-1 "Motherboard overview" (page 10) , the 2 x USB_HEADER are located on the bottom, they bear the number 12.

edit : if i'm not mistaken, the usb pinout is here to provide bluetooth connectivity, while the wifi card depends only from the PCI-E slot it is plugged in.

Last edited:

au40123

Hello,

I came cross a similar problem. I bought a Gigabyte GC-Wbax200 2x2 802.11Ax Dual Band WiFi + Bluetooth 5 PCIe Expansion Card and hope to use both WiFi and Bluetooth. The WiFi is working but the Bluetooth isn't because I cannot see any F-USB connection on the HP-Elitedesk-800-G2-SFF-Desktop motherboard. All I can see are USB-C (6-pin) and Front USB (12-pin) , Front USB 3.0 marked on the motherboard.

Should I use USB-C port instead? Is there a cable available (USB-A header to USB-C port)? Can I use the other normal USB-A on the Expansion Card to connect to USB-A outside the computer case?

Any advice will be appreciated it.

drpeppercan

A seen in section 1-1 "Motherboard overview" (page 10) , the 2 x USB_HEADER are located on the bottom, they bear the number 12.

edit : if i'm not mistaken, the usb pinout is here to provide bluetooth connectivity, while the wifi card depends only from the PCI-E slot it is plugged in.
Oh yeah, I see the connectors. Now, which one is it? Left or Right? And, top row, or bottom row?

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Oh yeah, I see the connectors. Now, which one is it? Left or Right? And, top row, or bottom row?
??????

Either or... and we assume that whatever is supposed to plug into it takes up both rows as that is how it (the port) works...RTFM. :)

Hello,

I came cross a similar problem. I bought a Gigabyte GC-Wbax200 2x2 802.11Ax Dual Band WiFi + Bluetooth 5 PCIe Expansion Card and hope to use both WiFi and Bluetooth. The WiFi is working but the Bluetooth isn't because I cannot see any F-USB connection on the HP-Elitedesk-800-G2-SFF-Desktop motherboard. All I can see are USB-C (6-pin) and Front USB (12-pin) , Front USB 3.0 marked on the motherboard.

Should I use USB-C port instead? Is there a cable available (USB-A header to USB-C port)? Can I use the other normal USB-A on the Expansion Card to connect to USB-A outside the computer case?

Any advice will be appreciated it.
Unless I missed it, I don't see a USB 2.0 header. No idea about adapaters.

au40123

Thank EarthDog for answering my query.

Luckily today I found a post at https://forums.lenovo.com/ and followed the instructions written by psuturtle, Lenovo Staff:
(1) connecting USB header to 3-12 pins
(2) putting a jumper between 1+2 pins

Now the Bluetooth is working perfectly :):)

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Thank EarthDog for answering my query.

Luckily today I found a post at https://forums.lenovo.com/ and followed the instructions written by psuturtle, Lenovo Staff:
(1) connecting USB header to 3-12 pins
(2) putting a jumper between 1+2 pins

Now the Bluetooth is working perfectly :):)
Ahh, the wonders of proprietary connections... thanks OEMs!