• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why doesn't FIVR control exist?

Mosestyle

Hello! I recently bought a HP 840 G8 with the CPU Intel i5-1145G7.

I've always used ThrottleStop since it has been working great to undervolt my PCs!

However for some reason I can't do anything with this new laptop since everything is either greyed out or just doesn't work.
My "FIVR control" is basically non-existent for some reason (look picture).

Does anyone know what the issue is and how I can resolve this? :(

Here is picture of how it looks.

1000190825.png
1000190824.png

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Intel removed FIVR voltage control from their 11th Gen G series. That is why ThrottleStop reports Not Available.

Checking the MMIO Lock box in the TPL window can help these processors achieve maximum performance.

Instead of using Disable Turbo, you can control the maximum CPU speed by adjusting the Speed Shift Max value in the TPL window.

Mosestyle

Intel removed FIVR voltage control from their 11th Gen G series. That is why ThrottleStop reports Not Available.

Checking the MMIO Lock box in the TPL window can help these processors achieve maximum performance.

Instead of using Disable Turbo, you can control the maximum CPU speed by adjusting the Speed Shift Max value in the TPL window.
Ahhh well that's a bummer... :(
So if I downgrade my BIOS, that still wouldn't help?

Also is this only for Intel CPU?
Is it still possible to undervolt when using Ryzen CPU, or have they also removed the ability/option to undervolt?